37

There was an almost stumbling motion as Jonathan managed to pick her up and carry her through the door. Thanks to Willow's untidy ways, Jonathan almost tripped over a few things on the way to the bed; hence the stumbling. Yet all he got for it were quite giggles against his lips. Jonathan ignored them, the best he could and concentrated on silencing them from escaping her, his way of doing this was to slip his hands easily under her top.

Willow shuddered and let out a quite whimper against him. "Your hands are cold," she whispered, opening her eyes and staring up at him. Jonathan's blue eyes just stared down at her, darkly, he didn't remove his hands, his thumbs in fact took to stroking her skin gently.

Jonathan didn't reply, he just lifted his face and placed a kiss against her forehead. Willow shut her eyes and nestled closer to him, he felt her hands comb the ends of his hair and Jonathan shut his eyes from the action. There was something rather soothing about it, it set him at ease. Whether she knew it or not, but Willow's touch had the ability to just calm him, but then also to make his mind go completely blank.

He had never been without thoughts running through his head, not like when he was in her company; it was something that had plagued him, when it came to her, for years. She had always been able to do this. She always had this ability, and she never even knew it. The fact she didn't just endeared Jonathan more. She didn't take advantage of using this against him. When she touched him, or was close, it was because she wanted to. Because she loved him.

Jonathan wasn't lying when he said he knew she did, he knew for years she had. Jonathan wasn't totally used to the act of emotions and showing them; after all, the last person he did he ended up getting killed. Sherry wasn't Willow, by a long shot. Sherry was an empty person, empty headed, false. Willow was complex, way more complex than he could even begin to understand. Just as he thought he had her figured out, she did something else and he was lost.

When he went in Arkham, he wasn't expecting Willow to adapt well, let alone do all that she did. But that was the point, she intrigued him. She had always intrigued him. When no one else bothered, Willow did. She always did and always would, Jonathan wasn't lying or joking when he said about her being loyal. She was loyal to him, and he did find his heart clenching from it. It was a strange emotion, one he didn't think possible really. Infatuation is what Jonathan always thought Willow suffered from, but no, this was something that ran a lot deeper.

Jonathan felt her hands push at his jacket, he shrugged out of it and cupped her face to tilt it and kiss her softly. Willow sighed, he felt her physically relax in his hold. The only person to ever do as such, never failed to interest him. Her deft hands took to tugging at the tie he still seemingly insisted on wearing, whereas Jonathan pushed her back gently. A small grumble seemed to come from her as she had to tear away to position herself on the bed, but she pulled him with her. She made sure not to have too much space for long.

Jonathan was more than happy to comply to that, yet soon feeling her fingers probe at the shirt buttons, he pulled away. They needed to breathe or else they'd both surely faint. Willow looked up at him, red cheeked and with dark eyes. "Are you okay?" She asked quietly, worriedly even. Jonathan nodded, slowly, but Willow didn't look convinced. "Jonathan, haven't you ever-" he cut her off by kissing her again, whether he had or hadn't done this before didn't matter. Willow hesitantly returned the kiss and leaned into his touch when his hand ran down her body. A shuddered moan came from him, and Jonathan looked a little wide eyed, all he had done was touch her.

Jonathan kissed gently at her neck, feeling her hands grip onto his shoulders as her legs came to wrap around him. He shut his eyes, letting out a sigh of his own when he felt her hips raise and push against his. Okay, yes, this was all new to him. But the mechanics of it all were known, Jonathan was anything but stupid and oblivious.