38

"So, how does this work?" Willow questioned while sitting down beside Jonathan. In front of them were vials of the same coloured liquid. In the right light it seemed to look just like water, yet when placed on the table it looked a light blue.

"Demonstration time, I believe. It's only fair considering all the hard work you've done in helping me." Jonathan smiled and picked up a piece of paper, placing it down he picked up a vial. Dripping three drops onto the paper the two of them leaned down and watched the paper absorb it.

Unlike the other experiments, this paper didn't end up dripping wet. Picking the paper up with a pair of tweezers, Jonathan held it up to the light. The liquid had spread through the grain of the paper. Much like the veins in a leaf, the liquid had left twirling tracks. But when the paper was placed on the table, the tracks were invisible.

Willow beamed and clutched onto Jonathan, he let out a startled sound from the sudden impact and looked at her sidewards. "You're such a genius! Well done, told you it'd get all done!" Willow rocked slightly in the chair and because she was still holding onto him, Jonathan got pulled into the to and fro motion too. Letting him go and reaching down to hold onto his arm, Willow pushed up his sleeve and looked at his watch.

"We have five hours before the post offices shut." Jonathan said when Willow took to tapping the numbers on the watch face seemingly counting the hours down.

She looked up at him and then back to the watch. "Are we done?"

"Yes. There should be enough here to last." Jonathan stood up and started packing the small vials carefully into a bag. "We have to pack, Willow. Go get the essentials from the bedroom, also get some food. We'll drop our things off at another hideout before going to the post offices."

"Yes, sir!" Willow saluted him and ran out of the room, jumping down the stairs she skidded down the aisle and into the bedroom. Dropping to the floor she pulled out a bag from underneath the bed and opened it up.

Flinging open the chest of drawers, she pulled out a few tops and trousers, underwear, the essentials. Turning around and opening the wardrobe she pulled out a few items of clothing for Jonathan too. Zipping the bag up and dropping it near the front door she walked towards the kitchen. Grabbing a few things she returned to the bag and crammed them in. By the time she had finished packing, Jonathan had slowly walked down the stairs. He placed with great care the bag he was carrying onto a pew and looked up at her.

Willow clapped her hands together and took to skipping slowly down the aisle. "You know, it's sort of ironic."

"What is?"

"We live in a church," Willow stated, Jonathan crossed his arms and looked at her. "Think of all the things which happen in churches. Funerals, mass, weddings. People come to pray, to confess, to find some sort of peace." She looked up at the high beamed ceiling and then back at him. "We're not really doing very...what some would deem 'holy' things are we?"

"And?"

"Nothing, just thought it was a tad ironic how we're in a church and don't really go by what the building is meant to stand for." Willow shrugged casually. "Do you think this place is haunted?"

Jonathan looked at her and shook his head. "Willow, where is this coming from?"

"I'm going to miss this place!" She exclaimed finally letting the truth out. "I like it, took me a while to get used to, sure. But I like it!" Willow drummed her fingers on the end of the pew near her.

"Perhaps the next place we'll go to won't run on an annoying generator. You have to admit the electricity cutting out when we use it, is annoying."