three

"you have my heart"

"you have my heart"

Taehyung had woken with a start. Nothing around him reveals a reason as to why, but as he jumped awake, his hands flew and hit the desk beside Jin's bed in his state of panic.

He hisses, but keeps quiet as it dawns on him that the others in the room are still asleep and it's probably midnight, judging by the inky darkness outside.

His hand throbs with heat as the blood beneath his—thankfully—unbroken skin rushes to the area of injury.

Being as quiet as possible, the omega slides out from Jin's arms and his bed, knowing he needs to ice his hand a bit, or else he'll regret it when it's angrily swollen come morning. He quickly makes his way out of the bedroom and to the kitchen, where he searches for anything in the freezer that he could use to ice it. He finds a package of frozen pancakes and grabs that after coming to terms with the fact that there isn't much, and what there is in the fridge, are not as fun as pancakes. Fuck frozen peas and carrots.

He sits at the island in the middle of the kitchen, alone and bored. He'd leave to the living room and turn on the tv if it weren't for the fact that he'd probably end up sleeping there on accident and waking up with another round of sniffles and a sore neck. Hoseok took the heater upstairs because apparently Taehyung's heater "is complete garbage, I'm freezing to death."

Of course, Taehyung didn't tell him of his own experience in the living room as a Taecicle, because then Hoseok would feel guilty about kicking him out of his own bed. (When the beta did ask why Taehyung wasn't in bed with him when he woke, the omega only waved him off and said he wanted to spend the night with Jin hyung because he had more pillows, and that was that).

But now he's uncomfortable because he has no company and he can't stand the eerie silence of their dorm. With the pancakes in hand, he treks up the stairs and makes his way back to Jin and Jimin's shared room, passing his own and Jeongguk's and Hoseok's room as he goes.

"You have to find the right one for you." Jeongguk's voice hums through the thick white door that's left slightly ajar. Taehyung pauses mid step, ears twitching with curiosity. "Someone strong, courageous, kind... someone you could see as a good father."

"Taehyung—" the omega himself jumps as Jia mentions him but her brother is quick to interrupt.

"Not Taehyung." Jeongguk spits. "You don't know him like I do, Jia."

Taehyung's curiosity peaks, knowing he shouldn't be listening, yet his ears strain to hear what his fellow bandmate thinks of him.

"He has terrible habits." Which immediately confuses Taehyung. Terrible habits?

"He bites his nails."

Still caught on the 'terrible habits' part, Taehyung barely catches it, but wait—
What?