eight

"if you love me, let me know"

"It's cold out." Taehyung nods, a little concerned that all he had available was a thin hoodie thrown over the studio couch. He's tying his shoes—or the ones he snatched up that night in a hurry that turned out to be Hoseok's (he's greatful he hadn't grabbed Namjoon's shoes or else he would have to drag himself back home, weighed by such heavy boots)—when he feels something drape over his shoulders carefully. It's thicker than his hoodie and smells like Jeongguk, no doubt his jacket and, as happy as Taehyung would usually be of such selflessness, he can't have Jeongguk catching a cold.

Not when he had been stuck with one most of his stay at this studio and had lived it's horrors.  A stuffy nose and sore throat was not the best feeling in the world on top of his emotional state.

"Take the coat, you'll get sick." He says, shrugging a shoulder to gesture until his hands are free and he turns to take it off.

Jeongguk's chest rumbles in dissatisfaction. "I'll be fine. You get cold easily, so you take it."

"You're younger than me, listen to your hyung and take the damn coat."

"You've gotten sick because of me before, I won't let it happen again." Taehyung huffs, but slides his arms in the jacket reluctantly, not wanting this argument to go on longer.

Jeongguk, on the other hand, puffs his chest out pridefully, happy he seems to have won, and satisfied that the omega will wear his coat.

"Good, now let's get going. I'm sure you want to see the others again—" Jeongguk pauses mid-step and twirls around to face him. "On second thought. We should stay here."

Taehyung raises a brow in question. "Why?"

"You want the truth?" Jeongguk asks nervously, regretting it when the omega nods.

"Jimin—uh..." He looks away, clearing his throat. "Jimin went into heat." He admits quietly, staring at his shoes. "And Yoongi went back to help him, so..."

Taehyung's mouth is agape when he looks back up after a pregnant pause. It's a pretty picture, his lips are red from chewing on them a lot recently, and his eyes are innocent but wide with surprise.

"Jimin—uh-" he clears his throat. "Wasn't he on surpressants?"

Jeongguk nods and tries to keep his voice low when he mumbles, "It's stress-induced."

He knows Taehyung heard it when his face falls. "No." He whispers dreadfully. "It's my fault, isn't it?"

"No. Of course not. It's no one's. He was just worried and things like this happen, Tae." Jeongguk hurries to say. "I'm just afraid that you'll go into heat if you smell his scent." He feels his cheeks burn.