seven

"so how am i supposed to know"

"You're an omega, you'll never pass the audition."

"You'll never succeed in this industry, it's best if you just go back home, little omega."

"All you're good for is being someone's bitch."

He's been trying to forget, trying to forget those words and several others that he'd heard over and over as a trainee. He's tried to move on from their impact, how self conscious it made him. But it's difficult to forget them when everything around him points right at them, drawing his eyes to them like moths to a flame.

What happened the other night was much more than what was said. Yet he only realized this when he spoke to Namjoon about it. It was as if his instincts knew before he did; his heart clenching at the thought of Jeongguk thinking the same of him as those alphas who depreciated and belittled him all those years ago.

He had never seen Namjoon so angry. It scared him to think on what he would take that anger out on, his scent spiking subconsciously, but when the alpha noticed, he immediately tried to calm himself, retracting his strong scent as much as he could.

Taehyung was grateful that Namjoon was so attentive to the feelings that he had little control over.

That being said, Namjoon should have known better than to shove Jeon Jeongguk into the closed space of the studio without so much as a word before fleeing.

The alpha, in question, didn't seem to want to harm him; his arms were out, cautious, wary, but not with intentions of even touching him. Logically, Taehyung would know that Jeongguk would never hurt him, he never has.

But he can't think past the thick sound of his own heartbeat rushing though his veins, the sound like waves crashing against the shoreline in the midst of a storm.

"Taehyung—"

The heat beneath his skin starts to burn, his skin is too tight, his eyes are too sour, his breath is too short.

Something in his chest curls, crying like it needs affection, yet it's poisoned by the very same thing.

And now all he can hear is the shattering of glass at the sound of a high pitched screech, something animalistic that desperately tries to crawl it's way out of Taehyung's soul.

It's ugly, and too loud, and now he can't hear past it. Someone needs to quiet it, to calm it, to nurture it with care and protection, like an infant that can only be consoled by the comfort of its mother.

It's too loud. It has to be silent. Yet he can't do anything. It's not like he's the cause of it, maybe Namjoon can help him figure out what is though, and then they can both stop such a heart shattering sound—