Chapter IV

Grim is waiting in my room when Azrael and I waltz in...or more so...I walk in. Azrael just shrinks into my shirt to hide.

"Cassie,"Grim's voice is stoic as he stands in front of me. His arms are crossed and his eyes glaring at me with a flame in them. "Where were you? I gave you specific instructions not to leave this room." Azrael starts to shiver. Grim tilts his head slightly, menacingly staring at me like I am a bad dog.

"I figured I would do something other then waste away in my room. Besides, I bet angels wouldn't come out in public and attack me if they do not like being seen by humans."

Grim's eyebrows just lower along with his eyes narrowing. "They don't care, Cassie. I don't know how many times I have to tell you until you get it through your small mind!" He pinches the bridge of his nose in aggravation. My blood starts to boil. I toss the bag of books at him without thinking. He just rolls his eyes before moving out of the way, catching them in mid-air and tossing them back at me. I don't move away from them so fluently, and start whining as the corner of a book hits my boob.

"You're such a dick," I growl.

"At least I'm not a misbehaving little girl."

"God, you sound like my dad. And stop calling me a little girl!" I point at him. Grim just let his lips slide up in a smirk.

"You prefer human?"

"I prefer shoving your face in my window pane."

"Goodluck, pumpkin," he shakes his head. I instantly start to seeth before rushing forward. I grab his cloak and pull it down, so his hood is off his head. I freeze when his gorgeous black hair flows out. It's tufted up in messy shapes, looking softer than a cloud. If that wasn't sexy enough, his eyebrow piercing immediately winks at me and my mouth waters slightly. He's so attractive without trying that it's unsettling. "You're awestruck again?" He whispers, his breath sounding rough. I suddenly realize my hands are pressed against his hard pecs and hold my hands in front of my face, taking them off of him. I lick my lips before shaking my head.

"Why would I be awestruck?"

"Simple:" He grins. "My looks. You should see how many women fall at my feet," he murmurs. My eyes widen. Does he have girls that he sleeps with?

Azrael must sense my inner panic because his voice hisses in my head. "He's trying to get a reaction out of you. He never touched another human beside you," he tells me.

I turn to look at him. Grim's eyes follow mine and land on the snake. He seems to forget about me, and instead, his eyes narrow.

"You let her go," he points at the snake. The snake slithers backward, shrinking in on himself. "I told you to make--"

"It was my fault," I say, jumping in front of Azrael. Azrael immediately wraps around my leg, shivering from the fear of having Grim's killer gaze on him. "I wanted to go out and get something," I cross my arms across my chest.

Grim raises a perfect eyebrow. "What did you get?" I make sure to think of anything but the pepper spray and books. Grim gets angry soon enough. "Cassie," his hand wraps around my upper arm. "What was it?" My eyebrows crunch.

"It's none of your business, really," I shake my head, along with trying to shake him off. Azrael kind of jumps up when Grim's hand tightens on my arm, leaving me gasping. "Grim, you're hurting me," I whine. I hate how pathetic I should, but it feels as if my blood pressure is being read.

Seconds after I say that, Grim's hand breaks apart and he pulls away with a stunned face. His eyes linger on my arm where red marks of his entire hand lay. I grit my teeth as I pull the sleeve of my shirt down, trying to hide it. Grim's eyes seem to fill with something light, making me gasp as his eyes look like a warm, chocolate brown. They no longer are the intimidating black ones. He looks down as soon as I gasp and his head snaps over to my window.