Chapter 14

Chapter 14

How that night's 'event' was handled in the end, Su Le was intelligent enough not to ask. But since she and Chen Yue lived together, Chen Yue had hinted to her that Lin Qi really did get fired in the end.

Su Le was not very clear about the relations.h.i.+p between Lin Qi and Zhuang Wei. After all, one was the mistress who destroyed her relations.h.i.+p, while the other betrayed her even though he promised to be with her for lifetime. Even if she could let it go, she still had not reached the stage of forgiveness.

Switching on the computer, she posted a new chapter of her serialised novel. Su Le liked giving her characters a beautiful journey of events and a sweet ending. The first novel she had read was about an arrogant CEO and a simple and weak girl. It was always the female lead who gets bullied miserably by a 2nd female character. After reading a couple of novels, Su Le disliked those female leads in those novels and had a mind of wanting to scold them as well. They were such a disgrace to women as they only knew how to cry.

With a strong dislike for such characters, she decided to start writing her own novels. All her leads were either powerful or witty. Even if they were weak on the outside, they were strong in the inside, and not one of those characters were desperate for love and could not live without it.

She suddenly felt grateful to those novels that she had first read, otherwise, how would she now have extra money to on hand? Although she's not like those overbearing CEO's with villas and cars, she presently had enough to pay a deposit for an apartment and buy a Benben Mini with no problems if she wanted to.

The only problem was that her driving skills were not great and she was afraid she might injure others as well as herself so she always didn't dare to drive.

"Su Le, you aren't asleep yet?" Chen Yue, who wore a pajamas, walked into the room with a gla.s.s of milk. "It's almost 12. Even if you're not worried about being tired tomorrow, you should still think about your skin."

"No worries, I'm almost done." Su Le replied to a few comments from her readers while drinking the gla.s.s of milk that Chen Yue placed on the table, "How come you're still not asleep?"

"I just woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep," Chen Yue climbed onto Su Le's bed to sit down. "Are you still thinking about what happened last night?"

Su Le put the gla.s.s down, "Yue Yue, you don't need to worry about me. It's just a man."

"If I knew earlier that Zhuang Wei was such a person, I definitely wouldn't have agreed to help him pursue you in the beginning." Chen Yue regretted. "That man is just too unreliable."

Su Le's heart warmed and she took out an envelope from the drawer, "This is for you, it's my rent and my share of this month's utility bills. I gave myself a discount based on our friends.h.i.+p and since I just lost my job, please let me off, I'm poor, dirt poor."

"You can carry on and pretend to be poor," Chen Yue accepted the envelope and put it to one side. "I tell you, great author, not only will I charge you for the utility, I would also charge you for the air."

"Come on, how would my little amount of money be of significance in the eyes of the Chen's eldest daughter? Lady Chen, to you, isn't my money just a drop in the ocean?" Su Le closed the web page and turned around to face Chen Yue. "This weekend, Senior Wei is cooking a meal personally. If you have time, you should come as well."

"I'm going home to eat with my parents this weekend," Chen Yue took a pillow to cuddle. "Su Le, you wicked woman. Tell me honestly, how did you seduce our confident, rich, and considerate Senior Wei?"

Su Le looked at Chen Yue stupefied, "If you like, I can help you connect the red string."

Chen Yue felt despair over the hopeless Su Le and she sighed to herself, "Kid, it's better if you carry on writing your novels." Senior Wei, there's a issue with your sight - for real.