Chapter 26

Chapter 26

By the time Su Le and Wei Chu left, it was already four in the afternoon, right before Xiao Yao got into a car to leave. She stuffed many celebratory sweets into Su Le's hand and explained that it was for Su Le to get more into the celebratory atmosphere, as well as to quickly get married. Su Le was grateful for the sweets but she ignored the part about marriage entirely.

On the motorway, the car was moving smoothly ahead. While Su Le rested on her seat, she could not stop herself from letting out a yawn. As she observed Wei Chu, who had his eyes constantly on the road, Su Le forgot about one of the safety rules and that one should not talk to the driver when the vehicle is moving. "Who'd ever think that you and Xiao Yao were actually relatives. The world truly is small."

"It's really not that big," said Wei Chu as he earnestly stared ahead, "Some people after many twists and turns would still be able to see each other. That's called fate."

"Even fate is split between good and bad," Su Le s.h.i.+fted into another position in her seat as she thought about what Xiao Yao said a few days ago that she would introduce her cousin to her. Su Le wanted to laugh. If Wei Chu was someone who takes interest in just about anyone, then there would sure to be a long list of exes.

"The heavens may decides on your fate, but whether it's good or bad depends on how you handle it," Seeing that Su Le was yawning frequently, he said, "You can take a nap for a while if you're tired. I'll wake you up when we arrive."

"It's nothing," Su Le shook her head, "It'll be boring to drive without company. I'll keep you company so choose any topic you want to talk about."

Wei Chu took a quick peek towards Su Le and, when saw that she seemed to be in a good mood, he quickly put his sight back onto to road. "What do you want talk about?"

Su Le pondered on it for while, "This question is slightly difficult." Males generally liked talking about the economy, shares investment, and real estate but she had little to no interest in these topics.

"If you don't mind, how about talking about your childhood?" Once Wei Chu said that, he felt he had crossed the line. He did want to know about Su Le's past but he knew he shouldn't have asked her so directly. After all, as a child of a single parent family, they were bound to experience things that other children wouldn't and may still suffer from it.

"My childhood?" Su Le didn't really mind and she went to recall her past, "When I was young, I was a lot like a boy. I liked going to the yard with the boys to play with fake swords and guns. I was even the boss of that group but everyone has went on their separate ways now just to earn a living and working themselves half death."
Recalling how Su Le easily beat up Zhuang Wei, Wei Chu completely believed that the young Su Le was able to become the leader in a group of kids, "It seems you were amazing as a child."

"At the beginning, those kids started bullying me, but after I beat them up, they became much more compliant. 'Might is right', this phrase is very reasonable." Su Le couldn't help but smile as she remembered her childhood and how she took some playmates with her to stir up trouble.

Because Wei Chu did not turn around around again, he missed the smile on Su Le's face. He thought that those kids only bullied Su Le because she didn't have a father. For a moment, he didn't know what to say. It was after a while did he speak, "Those kids deserved to be beaten up for bullying others."

Su Le laughed when she saw his serious expression, "I wouldn't have guessed that you would also choose to use violence."

Wei Chu was only relieved when he did not hear a hint of dejection in Su Le's voice, "I rarely fought when I was young. Cultured people would use words to solve conflicts."