Epilogue

Damian's POV

Two years later...

I turned over on the bed and put my arm around Rebecca. She was laying on her stomach, facing away from me. I frowned when I felt something in between us on the bed and opened my eyes.

Alexis was laying in between us. She was sleeping soundlessly, her bottle tucked under her arm, her favorite blanket on her other hand. Thank God this bed was big enough for three people. She must have sneaked in last night. I touched her brown curls carefully, not wanting to wake her up. It was crazy to think how she would be turning two in just a few weeks. Where had time gone? I could still remember when her tiny head would fit on the palm of my hand.

This baby girl had the hearts of all of us won. She was the apple of my eye. I tightened my arm around Rebecca's waist. I could feel her back rise and fall as she slept. I was so grateful for the life Rebecca and I had built over the past 2 years. I couldn't imagine my life without her, without Alexis.

I once resented Rebecca for running away. I resented her for leaving without a trace. For leaving without saying goodbye or giving me an explanation. I almost went crazy looking for her. I felt lifeless during the years that she was gone. And then she was back and we got the opportunity to fall for each other all over again. We found forgiveness. We found our love again. I don't think I've ever thanked her for running away. I don't think she had the faintest idea of how grateful I was now that she left. I was thankful that she had ran away because I knew for a fact that we wouldn't have the life that we had now if it weren't for that. If she wouldn't have left, I would have never known how unhappy she was by my side then. If she would have stayed, she would have eventually gotten tired and maybe we would have ended up divorcing or she would have never said anything and we would have ended up in an unhappy marriage. We wouldn't be in this house today. We wouldn't have Alexis. The mature relationship that had been growing slowly between my mother and Rebecca wouldn't exist.

I didn't understand it then because I didn't know what the future held. Now, I would go through it all over again if I had to. If it meant I ended up with Rebecca and our daughter and any other future children we might have. I loved my life with her. She had no idea how much I loved her. The mother of my daughter. My wife. My Runaway Wife.

THE END.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING!!!