Ten

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside of you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt; a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love."
--Neil Gaiman

>>>+<<<

After we leave the cafe, we start walking around together, hand in hand. At first we're just walking, but after a little while we decide to visit the high school. Not to go in, just to pass by. We decided why not visit the place it all started?

We reach there in no time and see the front gate. I glance toward the school and smile. There have been some amazing memories made in that school, but there were also some bad ones. Most of them, I'd have to say, were the former, however. 

I lean my head against his arm. "I can't believe you went to school here and came out famous." And then quietly I add, "I can't believe you noticed me out of all the girls..."

Apparently he hears me, so he replies, "Of course I noticed you. You may have been my junior, but you were--and still are--the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in that school and anywhere else for that matter." I smile and just keep looking toward the school. We stand like this for quite some time; until I get a phone call from Alex.

"Yes?" I say, answering the phone. 

"When are you going to be home?" she asks with her mouth full, probably with noodles. 

"I don't know, probably soon," I answer. "Why?"

"Just wondering. Have fun with the rest of your date!" she yells and quickly hangs up. I laugh and shove my phone back in my pocket. 

"Alex?" Yoongi asks and I nod. "Wants you home?" I shrug.

"Just wanted to know when I'd be home," I reply shortly. 

"Can we go somewhere else first?" he asks, looking down at me. It's only seven o'clock, so I nod. "Want to get actual food first?" 

My stomach grumbles at the thought and Yoongi laughs. My face flushes and I give a slight nod. 

We find a place we can get sushi because that's what Yoongi would prefer as I said I don't care much what we have. I offer to pay for our dinner, but Yoongi doesn't let me. We leave with our sushi and take it with us to a park. 

We find a nice grassy area and sit down, pulling out our food and eating. We talk and laugh until we finish eating and eventually I lay down on my back and sigh. 

"I'm full," I say, turning my head to look at Yoongi. He smiles fondly at me and asks if I want to go home. I nod and he stands up, turning around and reaching out a hand to help me up. I take his hand and don't let go when I'm fully upright.

I know that I'm probably setting myself up to be broken again, but right now--in this moment--I don't care. I'm happy. I miss these days with Yoongi. I miss when we'd walk around town together or sit at the cafe. I miss when we could just hold each other and watch movies all day. I miss being with him.

We walk back to my apartment in peace, content just to be with each other. Once we reach my door, we start our goodbyes. 

"That was really fun," Yoongi says softly. I smile up at him and nod.