#4

This is a story my dad told me a few years back. When he was in his 30s, he was housesitting a bed and breakfast for a few friends who were out of town. My dad and his girlfriend at the time weren't staying at the bed and breakfast, but would spend a few hours every evening to make sure it at least looked occupied. A few nights in as they're about to leave they hear a massive banging sound and a blood-curdling scream. They look at each other and without any words ran out of the house, locked it, and drove home.

The next morning they went to check out the house. The hallway upstairs had 3 bedrooms on either side, and one larger bedroom at the end of the hall. When they went upstairs, all the doors were closed. They tried each handle on the doors on the side of the hallway, and every single one was locked from the inside. When they got to the final door, it was unlocked. They go inside to see the room completely trashed and furniture scattered everywhere.

The worst part, however, was the walls. The walls had claw marks running down them as if someone was trying to scratch the wallpaper off. Needless to say, they locked up the house and didn't return until the owners came back. Later on, they did some investigating and discovered that there had been a murder there a very long time ago. A doctor had come home to find his wife cheating on him with another man, and he had stabbed the doctor, shoved the wife against the wall, and stabbed her too. Apparently the claw marks had come from her nails scratching down the walls.

It was my dad telling the story, so I don't know how much of it is actually true, but he seemed almost frightened when he told this to me, as if even just the memory chilled him to the bone...