#6

The following is shamelessly stolen from a friend's experience shared on a Halloween ghost hunt, because we weren't having any luck ourselves.

His Story

This friend and a few of his college buddies were going on a similar ghost hunt themselves, and had heard about some graveyard where children murdered by their mother had been buried. The graveyard was located off the main road, so my friend parked his car on the side of the road, and the group (5-7 people I believe) got out and followed the small path through the woods for a couple minutes to get to the graveyard.

Once there, nothing exciting happened for the first 10 minutes or so, and they had tried everything the website or wherever they heard the story told them to do, with nothing resulting. They got bored, and being typical, inebriated college kids, started taunting the supposed ghost of the mother. This continued for a few minutes before they tired, and decided to go back to the car as one of the girls had to go to the bathroom.

Once they got back to the car, my friend, the sober driver, tried opening the handle without unlocking the car because he hadn't locked it in the first place, but found it locked. He attributed this to bad memory at the time. The group drove home, laughing and talking like normal. After he had dropped all the others off at their homes, he went back to his own house. He got in at the same time as one of his roommates, who stopped and waited for him to pull in. The roommate had his phone out, and shined the light in the window when his friend pulled in as a joke. What he saw was tiny, baby sized handprints all over the windows. As soon as my friend got out, he went into the house without saying a word to the roommate. The roommate, confused, went back to the car and tried to rub one of the handprints. They were on the inside of the window.

To this day, my friend will not speak of his drive home after he dropped off his other friends, and has since sold the car without ever driving it again.

My own story

This one is from my own experience. I was driving home with a friend from a tournament we had gone to about 2-3 hours away. The whole weekend, it had been raining and storming very hard, and a lot of roads were flooded (this was Indiana, so a bunch of side roads and bridges were just gone). We had to reroute around 231, since a huge section of it was underwater from where a river had flooded. We ended up going through a few side towns and back roads that were a lot higher elevation away from other bodies of water. We were driving through one small town, and I was navigating with the GPS in the car. I would glance at it every once in a while, but I was also paying attention to what was going on outside the car, as it was raining pretty heavily still. The GPS directed us on a road that connected up with a more main one, and we were driving on it just fine, when suddenly, my buddy slams on the breaks.

We're in the middle of a graveyard, and the road just ends. I look down at the GPS, and then show my buddy that the road continues straight on and straight back the way we came according to the GPS screen. He shrugs, turns around, and then we start back the way we came. Now, we had been telling ghost stories, and I was not at all sleepy or tired. We had driven on the one road the last 15 miles or so, directly through the town, and on into the country side before we encountered the graveyard. On the way back, we made 5-6 turns within this graveyard through which we had just come on a straight road, that also suddenly spanned back a mile or so, before finally getting back onto the straight road we thought we were on before.

I looked at the GPS again, and it was rerouting. When it finished, the route it wanted us to take was "Make a U-Turn, and continue on County Road 200 N for 10 miles." We both turned around in our seats, to confirm that we had indeed just driven through a huge graveyard, with many turns and twists in the road leading back into it. Instead, we saw the road dead-ended into a small graveyard.

We immediately drove back to the town the opposite direction of the graveyard and took a different route home.