CHAPTER 30 - BACK TO WHERE IT ALL BEGAN

When the weekend finally came I was equal parts excited and sad. I was excited because Jake was taking me somewhere special and I could hardly wait. I was sad because I knew that after the weekend was over, I wouldn't have his arms around me every day. It was an uncomfortable balance that seemed to pull me in every direction.

When it was time to leave on our last adventure before heading off to college, Jake came out of the bedroom with a blindfold in his hand. I looked at him curiously, as if he had lost his mind.

"Awe, come on, be a good sport!" he insisted.

His sweet smile was just too irresistible and it didn't take long for me to give in to his charm. Once we were situated in the car, he leaned over and tied it around my eyes, making sure it was secure. When he was done, he gave me a quick kiss on the tip of my nose.

"Come on my little hostage, adventure awaits us," he said with a mischievous snicker.

We drove for what felt like forever, in reality is was only about and hour and a half. I felt the car pull in and finally come to a stop. He walked over to my side of the car and opened the door for me, grabbing my hand to escort me out.

"Can I take this off yet?" I whined like a child annoying her parents.

"No, Miss Impatience, not yet!" 

He laughed when I let out a frustrated grunt. We walked for a few more minutes until I could feel the sun hitting my face. It was then that I felt Jake's hands reach around me and untie my blindfold.

He couldn't contain the smile on his face when he said, "Surprise."

I couldn't help but laugh at him, he looked so excited, almost childlike. Looking around, I tried to get my bearings and it only took a second. A huge smile spread across my face and I shouted at him, "We're in St. Augustine!"

"And the place where I rocked your world with my amazing kissing skills," he joked. I slapped his arm and laughed at his adorable arrogance.

With excitement in my voice, I asked, "What are we going to do?"

"A re-do," he replied as I looked at him curiously.

My head was spinning trying to figure out exactly what he meant but the sneaky grin on his face told me that I would just have to wait to find out. We strolled hand in hand and neither of us could keep the smiles off of our faces.

This was the place that it all started and I felt so happy I could burst. He had thought of the perfect ending to our summer.

Our first stop was at the street vendors before we entered the main street. He went to speak with the lady who ran the booth and came back with something behind his back.

He looked at me with a goofy grin and said, "Your wrist please?"

I rolled my eyes, and presented my wrist to him, chuckling at the cheesiness of it all. My chuckle turned into silence with my mouth dropping open when he placed it on my arm. It was a gold, flat, banded cuff with the words, "I will love you forever," engraved with his handwriting.

I didn't think I had ever seen a more beautiful bracelet. The fact that he took the time to have it personalized with his own handwriting blew me away.

It was so thoughtful and so sweet, "I LOVE IT,!" I shouted at him, exuding way too much excitement.

He kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear, "Your welcome gorgeous."

Then he grabbed my hand and we continued on our journey. I was surprised when I saw that we were heading for the old fort. We climbed straight to the top and I wondered what he had in mind.