A World On Fire

I wake up on a broken tile floor, not the comfy carriage I fell asleep in. Esdeath is gone and so are the trees that surrounded me. No sign of hoofprints or footprints so I know I've been moved somewhere. The sweet smell of copper and rusted iron fills my nostrils, most likely coming from the blood staining the walls and flooring...and ceiling. I use my tendrils to push myself up and start walking forward, following what seems to be a trail of blood and other bodily secretions. Something bangs behind me and my tendrils spin me around and form a blockade in front, only allowing a little sliver of space  for me to look through. It looks like a person that's been torn to shreds, their only limb being a leg that they're hopping away from something on. Their face is missing an eyeball and half the skin covering their teeth, making them look like some kind of humanoid danger beast. As soon as it sees me something from behind it tackles it and starts eating, the crunch of bone and tearing of flesh fill my ears and my tendrils harden around me again. Only four tendrils are allowed to escape but my face is left uncovered and exposed so I can see properly. I look at my arms and their pulsating with a dull red glow and the tendrils are constantly moving, slithering and tightening here required. The thing finishes it's meal and looks at me, wings sprout from it's back and it looks into my eyes, colors similar to red and green swirling in the sockets of it's mask. The thing screeches and runs at me at such a speed I can barely dodge, with help from my tendrils of course. They use the wall to my right to pull me away from the danger and it whizzes past me, smashing into the wall at the end of the hallway despite it's wings trying to stop it. It looks back at me and it's wings face me, and eye like image bleeding into the center, I look closer and a crystal forms out from the eye. It shoots at me and a tendril blocks it, the crystal staring at me from the other side, another tendril tears it out and the one that was injured heals quickly. 

"So it is you" The thing says 

"I'm just lil' ol' me!" I lean back on my heals and clasp my hands behind me, smiling at the creature

"No" The thing stands "You're me" The thing's mask deforms and he's right, he is me

"Hello!" I wave and the other me smiles

"Hold onto that' He waves sadly and runs down the hallway to the left, his wings disappearing around the corner

"Onto what?" I ask the sweet-smelling air, it doesn't answer...stupid air. I walk in the opposite direction, wanting to avoid the awkwardness of talking to myself, and having me answer. I keep walking until I hear wind whistle through the cracks in the walls, I use a tendril to break a hole in the wall and walk through. Warmth wraps me in it's blanket and holds me close, until it get's really hot and I open my eyes to see fire. Fire scorching the landscape and climbing all the trees, turning everything it sees into ash and debris. The tendrils covering my body tighten and get slightly thicker, then begin to get cold enough to keep me comfortable. Now my body radiates a dull blue, which I assume is due to the cooling of my body. No buildings as far as I can tell, I use my tendrils to lift myself above the treeline and spot one lonely ruin, so I leap to it, punching holes in the ground as I do so. I get to the edge of a circle surrounding the ruin, staring at the unknown whispers that it holds. I step over the line and wake up immediately.

"He's up, Seryu, go get Esdeath before she kills anyone else would you" I hear tiny footsteps run away "If she keeps this up I won't have any experiments left" He mutters

"Y/N!" I feel a blast of cold as the doors break off their hinges

"Hello!" I sit up and wave, to be greeted with a cold hug, ice crawling across my body

"Oh my gods thank you" She hugs me tight enough to kill a normal person, thankfully I don't belong to that group

Author's Note:

Sorry if I misspelled any names. Sorry is Esdeath's behavior is not consistent with the actual cannon. Sorry in advance.