Chapter 11 - Introductions

"Sometimes the greatest adventure is simply a conversation"
- Amadeus Wolfe

It gets to Friday and after so much has been happening, it is nice to have some normal days of school

It gets to Friday and after so much has been happening, it is nice to have some normal days of school. The formation of my powers has been more tiring than I thought it could be.

"Oh, did you guys see that thing on the news the other day?" Heather asks and stuffs a mouthful of her lunch into her mouth.

"Heather you've got to be a little more specific, there's lots of things on the news." Caleb responds, and Lucas hums in agreement.

"You know the person who stopped that crazy dude here", she starts. "Someone wearing the same outfit went and stopped a bank robbery."

"Oh yeah I saw that", Lucas says through a mouthful of food.

"Finish eating before speaking please", I tell him, and he pouts like a child. In the small amount of time Lucas has been at this school he has become close with our group, we're comfortable around each other but thinking about it now we don't really know much about him.

"The news calls them Golden Ghost", Caleb says and I nearly laugh.

"Oh really?" I say. "Why's that?"

"There's pictures of her, there's a ghost sewn with gold material on the back of her hoodie", Heather replies.

"Her?" I ask.

"Yeah it's a bit hard to tell with the hoodie but their figure looks really feminine, either it's a girl or a boy with a really feminine figure." Heather says and giggles at the end.

"Oh right", I say. I've seen pictures online that people had taken at the bank robbery, but I didn't know they had already figured out my gender.

"It's just a plus that it's a girl", Caleb says. Lucas hums in agreement and Heather and I look at them with confusion written on our faces. I read Caleb's mind and I realise why, rolling my eyes. "I mean it means we have a chance to get together with a possible superhero." Lucas laughs and they hit each other playfully.

Heather and I roll our eyes and go back to eating. Boys I hear her think and I silently laugh.

After school I have basketball practice and start making my way to the gym. Lucas meets me on the way, explaining that he did basketball at his old school so he's going to ask the coach if he can join the team. We get there and I introduce him to the team.

"Guys this is Lucas, Lucas this is the team", I say and then start naming them one by one. "Noah, Owen, Julian, Carlos, Hee-chul, Max, Damon, Josh, Asher and Aiden."

"Dudeeeee it's been so long", Aiden says hugging Lucas. Lucas' face brightens as he hugs Aiden back. I read Aidens mind and find out that they are cousins. They must be quite close; I think to myself. The boys look at them confused, "Oh guys, Lucas is my cousin. I haven't seen him in ages because his family moved somewhere else."