Chapter 4

Date: 18th of August 2011

Time: 10 a.m. New York Time Zone

Location: Atlantis, Perseus' chamber

Perseus pov

I felt light, like I was floating through the sky. There was a warm feeling around me. It felt soothing and was so very calming. I felt so comfortable, but I didn't know why. My bed didn't usually have that effect, I was pretty sure of that. I also couldn't smell the familiar scent of pancakes or hear my mom's singing. Something was definitively different.

I then remembered the dream from last night. My father said something about me being different and all, but I couldn't remember it correctly. What I knew was that he said something about Atlantis. Could it be?

To check if I was correct I needed to open my eyes. I slowly did so and was shocked at what I saw. I was definitively not in my apartment in New York any more. It seemed that I was indeed in the ocean. The sun only reached my chamber in a warm, weak greenish blue, barely lightening every corner. The light gave a mysterious glow, which gave the room an ever better look. The walls were made of white marble, but now and then there was a deep blue streak running through it. I liked it. There was also a door which was forged of a strange green stone, glowing slightly in the water. The curtains of the window were a deep blue, making the room perfect for my liking.

I was curious and wanted to get up, wanting to know what was behind the huge door. But when I tried to sit up I noticed something very strange. I felt something soft brush at my arms. I looked slowly down, afraid of what was awaiting me, and saw a soft green and blue shimmering fin. I nearly freaked out at that. What the Hades was going on?

I softly touched it, just to make sure that I wasn't dreaming any more. As I brushed the fin I noticed how soft and thin it was. It even tickled while being touched. It was so very sensitive. Well, maybe you can imagine that I was fighting to stay conscious. I was sure that I was about to get into a state of shock. But you surely know me, so I simply couldn't just be satisfied. There was a very nasty thought that was nibbling at the back of my mind. I was praying hard right now that the thing I was thinking wasn't true. I still hoped this was just a dream and I was going to wake soon.

After a few seconds of holding my breath curiosity got the better of me, so I slowly lifted the blanket that was covering me. The water around me, even though it had a calming effect on me, couldn't slow down the fast beating of my heart. My puls seemed to wander from my chest up to my throat. Suddenly breathing seemed a lot harder. The pace of my breathing picked up, became ragged even.

I shouldn't have done that. I should've just closed my eyes again, laid back down and tried to fall asleep again.

As soon as I looked under the blanket I let loose a very (manly) scream. I wouldn't be surprised if even the people in Europe had heard it. Well, this was surely something I was dreaming, this just couldn't be true. Because what I saw under the blanket weren't my usually tanned, strong and well-muscled legs.

No, were my legs should've been was something long, a with scales protected thing. Were my legs should've been was a dark blue and green coloured fish tail. The light was reflecting from the scales, giving off the image of a mysterious glow.

Needless to say is that I passed out after that again.