Chapter 5

Date: 18th of August  2011

Time: 10 a.m. New York Time Zone

Location:  Atlantis, Perseus' chamber

Perseus pov

I awoke what felt like a few hours later again. I was hoping that all this was just a dream, one of these weird ones. But as I looked down and saw the tail again I knew that this wish wouldn't come true. I let loose a very exhausted sigh.

After all these challenges and the bad luck I had, this surely wasn't necessary. I mean, couldn't I be spared for, like, once? You know. Live a calm life after having fought literally all the time, find a loving wife, settle down, maybe have children and continue to eat blue cookies.

Apparently not.

Well, I have two options now. I could have a tantrum and be an ass to everyone, like join some overpowered force and become their general or something, try to take over the world or hide far away from everything where I would eventually die by some monster attack... Something like that.

Or I could start a new life. Maybe I could find some peace here in the ocean. I mean, the sea always felt like home to me. I could just make it that now, my new home.

Well, and the first uhm, can I call it a step? Anyway, the first "step" would be to get out of this bed. It was surprisingly way easier to get up than I thought it would be. Swimming came always naturally to me, with me being a son of Poseidon and all, but this was a completely new feeling. It felt good, like walking in soft grass, but with water surrounding me.

I really wanted to swim correctly with this tail, without making a complete fool of myself, and concentrated on moving it a little. It was like I was moving my legs, but way more flexible. I could make an angle with it that would never be possible with human legs. Incredible.

It did come naturally to me, like an instinct.

Slowly and after trying and getting a feeling for it, I got off the bed and swam through the chamber. I probably looked like a drunkard at first, trying to swim upright, but drifting to the left or the right...

But I soon got the hang out of it, and I was surprised that I could admit: To swim like this was fun.

After finally getting completely used to my new body part I went through the amazing green door. I came to a living room. Well, more like hall. The "room" was easily the size of my mom's whole apartment. There was a very comfortable looking couch, a desk with writing utensils and the best, a very large flatscreen TV with the newest gaming console. How that worked under water?

I had no clue.

But on the other hand, there was a whole world of magical merfolk living under the sea. Who was I to question a magical TV?

There was also a large bookshelve to my right filled with different kinds of books. Some looked like modern ones you would see in a normal bookstore. Some of them, however, looked as ancient as my father and were written in a language I could not read.

I looked around and saw a green double door.

I swam over to it, bubbles floating around me. It seemed that the door lead to a long hallway. I didn't think that there would be any danger in my father's palace so I swam until I came to another hallway. This one wasn't as long but easy twice as wide. The floor let to another set of big doors, but these ones were a brilliant white colour.

I opened the door, hoping to find someone who could explain some things to me. I was lucky (for once).

My father was in the throne room, as well his wife and son, Amphitrite and Triton. I sheepishly cleared my throat. They were in what seemed to be a hushed discussion, but it quieted down as soon as they noticed me. They all looked very surprised to see me. Poseidon motioned for me to join them. Hesitantly and careful not to anger the three gods, I did so.