twentysix/irl/

underline ~ leo

bold ~ carter

monday september 17th 11:01 am est

"hey, lover boy, put the phone away, we're taking off." leo teased, as the carter began to feel the plane accelerate. 

carter and elliot's communication had become a little harder during the last four months, due to the fact that elliot had been working and carter had been in the studio making his new album, but the two still found time to talk every day. 

carter rolled his eyes at his manager's remark but slid his phone into his pocket nonetheless. he was on a flight from los angeles to new york city. he had been doing press all day to promote his first single off the album, texting elliot on and off whenever he had a free minute between interviews.

"did you tell her you're coming to new york?

"not yet, i don't know if i should."

"why not? you tell me all the time that you wish you could meet her in person."

"i mean, yeah, of course, i want to meet her, more than anything. but, right now, what we have is perfect. i'm just carter, shes just elliot. what if her meeting me and knowing who i am ruins everything?"

"from what you've told me i don't think she'd treat you differently if she knew you were famous."

"no, i know she wouldn't. it's just that my lifestyle isn't exactly normal, and even though i really want to, dragging her into it would be selfish. i don't want her to have to worry about photographers and fake friends and all the shit i have to deal with."

"carter, if you're careful the media doesn't have to know she even exists, i'll do everything i can on my end to bury anything if they dig anything up. just, please, meet her. she makes you so fucking happy."

"i'll tell her i'm in new york when we land."