The Murdered Boyfriend

This one is a bit of a classic, but incredibly creepy nonetheless, as it preys on that basic human fear of being alone.

The story goes that a young woman and her boyfriend were driving home one night in the dark. Naturally, it was a quiet country road and typically, their car ran out of petrol. If they'd have been 21st century millennials, they could have pulled out their mobile phones, but sadly, we're talking back in the days when the only phone was at home in your parent's house.

The boyfriend realised there was only one thing to do - walk to find some assistance. Worried about his girlfriend's safety, he told her to stay in the car and wait for him. He locked her in carefully, getting her to check the doors were secure before leaving.

The woman did as he asked, waiting nervously in the car, trying not to notice the silent trees either side of her or the pitch black of the road ahead. She waited. And she waited. The boyfriend didn't return.

Just as she was about to get out and go after him, she noticed a figure at the driver's window. Breathing a sigh of relief, she turned, welcoming smile already in place. However, what she saw soon wiped the grin clean off her face.

Instead of her boyfriend, a stranger stood at the window, staring in at her. The woman screamed, though was relieved to see the car doors were still locked. Slowly, the man moved closer, then started to raise his hand. She worried that it would be a hammer or something that could be used to smash through the glass. Unfortunately for her, it was far, far worse. The man held aloft her boyfriend's decapitated head.

She screamed, covered her eyes and again checked the doors, which were thankfully still locked shut.

But her ordeal wasn't over. The stranger raised his other hand... and jangled the car keys in her direction

>>>>>>>>>
Remember to Vote and Comment! I would appreciate if my story could get some love. I appreciate all who took their time to read my book.

Have a good day and Stay Safe