Axe Mass Murder

August 6, 1887 gave way to a grisly scene at the Woolfolk Plantation west of Macon and south of Thomaston Road.

As nine members of the Woolfolk family perished in the warm August morning, Tom Woolfolk ran to a neighbor's house and claimed intruders had broken into the home he resided in near (what is now) Lake Tobesofkee.

Suspicions quickly surround Tom, who was only 27 years old. All of the victims were killed by being struck in the head or upper body with a short-handled axe that belonged to Tom Woolfolk, and was found in one of the rooms. 

Eventually Tom was charged, convicted, and hung for the murder of his entire family.

The site of the Woolfolk murders is approximately 12 miles west of Macon, several hundred yards south of State Road 74.

Presently, there is nothing left of the Woolfolk home except ruins. If one can locate this site many paranormal happenings have been reported.

Those unfortunate enough to stumble upon the ruins report ghostly screams, visual apparitions, disembodied voices, and feelings of grave desperation.

The ruins of the Woolfolk house have almost vanished but the impression where Georgia's worst murders occurred will always resonate with the victims of Tom Woolfolk.

>>>>>>>>>
Remember to Vote and Comment! I would appreciate if my story could get some love. I appreciate all who took their time to read my book.

Have a good day and Stay Safe