Chapter 1 - The Origin

Talking through their mind-link will be in italics and so will flashbacks.

I am EDITING chapters, so some things might not match up yet but I am working on it!

Ava's P.O.V.

Looking at myself in a mirror while wearing a tight, black dress is not what I wanted to do with my night. This is all Alice's fault. Even if she is my best friend, she is pushing the limit of my indulgence with this party. It was all her idea and I am being forced along with it. My wolf had been antsy all day and harder to control, giving me another reason not to go to this stupid party. Unfortunately, Alice doesn't seem to have an understanding of the word no

The worst part is that the party she is dragging me to is one thrown in the honor of the two visiting Alphas, Alpha Ryder and Alpha Asher. They were twins and ruled the Blood Moon pack together. They had just signed a treaty to help protect my pack in exchange for some of our land. Given the fact that many of our wolves were dying due to rogue attacks, this was a smart thing. However, Alpha Ryder and Alpha Asher are notorious for making treaties with packs and then taking them over. I don't like them.

Also, I hate parties and have had a problem with most authoritative figures, something about me being insolent or something. I don't see it. This party was a combination of the two, but I have no choice. I wasn't going to have fun even if Alice disagreed. She always ditched me at the entrance to go dance.

"Damn girl, you look smokin' hot," comments Alice who is looking me up and down. I grunt in answer, still not happy about this situation.

She shrugs in the face of my wrath, "C'mon let's go, we will be late."

I mumble, "Would that only be a bad thing though."

By her lack of answer, Alice didn't hear me. Despite being only sixteen, she is a party animal. I am sixteen too, but not interested in any of that stuff. Alice always says that I should live my late fully before I find my mate. I mean technically I am old enough to find my mate, but that won't probably happen this soon. Like the twin Alphas, they are 20 and still don't have a mate. Twins share one mate of course and it is always harder to find a mate for their situation.

I follow Alice out of the house and down the street. I live pretty close to the pack house where the party is happening. Alice knew I was upset, so she didn't even attempt conversation. I am well known for my temper. As my best friend, Alice isn't at the receiving end of it and usually encouraging my fights. But now she might in the unfortunate position of me losing my cool, there is only so much I can take. 

Once we arrived at the party, I lost Alice in like two seconds. I already saw that coming and I found myself on the dance floor. I love dancing, so I honestly don't mind. Throughout the night, my actions became mechanic: take the shot of vodka and dance. I am really drunk, but I didn't care. It was the most fun I had in ages, maybe Alice I was right. I do need to get out more and if every party is like this, count me in!

I am dancing alone or with a partner, it didn't matter to me. At one point, Alice came back around to me, dragging a man behind her. Seeing her, I stopped and slipped out of the embrace of the woman I had been dancing with to meet my best friend. Her smile went from ear to ear and I assumed the best

She told me, "Blake, meet my best friend Ava. Ava, meet my mate!" I guessed right, I'm so happy for her! Finding your mate at 16 doesn't tend to happen that often and she is lucky to have that. I just hope Blake can keep up with her. 

I shake his hand, "Nice to meet you."

He takes Alice's hand in his own, "Nice to meet you too. I am Blake, Beta of the Blood Moon pack." I already figured that out by his dominance and Alice sort of introduced him. I kept my smile on my face as I was too drunk to care.