S O F T

"Any day spent with you is my favourite day. So, today is my new favourite day."

~Winnie The Pooh~

~🎀~

F R E Y A  R E M A I N E D  wrapped up in Falcon's arms until her tears had dried. The stress of what had happened coupled with the knowledge that Falcon would be leaving was enough to leave her feeling drained and all she wanted was to doze off and forget everything for a moment.

Just as her eyes had begun to flutter closed, Falcon's voice interrupted her.
"You know, we have to tell your father," He said quietly before pulling away slightly so he could look Freya in the face. "He still wants that business deal to go through. I'm hoping this will change his mind."

Freya's brows furrowed. She had forgotten about Penn. To be completely honest, she had forgotten about most things that weren't related to Falcon. She had been so consumed in the task of finding him that she had banished all over thoughts from her mind.

She nodded just as a thought struck her.
"What about your father?" She asked.

Falcon's face fell as his jaw clenched slightly.
"I don't know," He muttered. "I haven't seen him."

Freya tilted her head.
"Since the hospital?" She pressed.

Falcon nodded his head in response, his gaze flicking away from her. He didn't want to talk about his father. He didn't want to be reminded of him. He didn't need him anymore.

Pain shot through Falcon's chest as the thought struck him. It was, of course, a lie. He may not need the particular man in his life any longer, but he needed a father. He was tired of being both mother and father to himself.

Noticing the change in his expression, Freya didn't say anything more on the subject. They sat in silence for a moment before Falcon broke it.

"What I don't get," He murmured in thought. "Is how Kace had been watching me."

His brow creased as he remembered his brother's words.
"He knew everything," Falcon's eyes narrowed at the floor. "When I got out of juvie, what school I went to - everything except you."

His eyes flashed back to Freya's face, his eyebrows still furrowed in confusion. A memory flashed before his eyes and his heart stilled for a moment.

'There are a lot more secrets around than just the one about your relationship.'

′To be completely honest, I couldn't really care less about whether she lives or dies. However, she does pave a straight path right into her father's business.′

"Penn," Falcon growled the name. "That conniving son of a bitch."

Freya barely cringed at his crude language, having become so used to it, and instead focused on his words. Her eyes widened with curiosity and bewilderment before Falcon elaborated.

"He told them," Falcon's temper flared as he said the words. "He must have. There's no way he could have known when I got out. School, maybe, but if it was him watching me he would have known about you."

Freya remained puzzled at the situation.
"I don't understand," She said quietly.

Falcon shook his head to himself before responding to her.
"If it had been him watching me," He explained. "He would have known everything. My classes, where I ate lunch, my locker number - hell, I bet if you asked him what the combination was he'd know. But that also means he would know about you."