Chapter Eight:

A/N: a pretty long chapter ahead! I guess it's really long because I wasn't sure how/when to end it, sorry!

---------------------------------

Zach's: POV:

On Tuesday morning, as I entered the school, Brian was already waiting for me next to my locker.

"so, has your mother told you already?" he smirked.

"that you suddenly love to decorate cakes? Yeah"

"more like loving to decorate in general, don't forget I used to work at my parents' flower shop until now"

"really? Because I heard you telling matt once that you're only helping with deliveries, not actually making the bouquets"

"well yeah but that was only to keep my image 'cool' to my ex-friends, I would look like a total nerd if I was telling them how much I love arranging flowers..."

"so you think it's nerdy to decorate Brian?"

"no, I meant that my ex-friends would think it's nerdy, that's all"

"whatever. I don't care" I slammed my locker door and started heading to the class. But it only took me two seconds to turn back to him.

"you know what? I do care! If you're only starting to work in my family business to cause me trouble, I swear I will punch you in the nose!" I stood on my toes so I could get to his eye level.

"Zach, relax, I swear I have only good intentions, I told you, I want to make things right, I want us to be friends," he said sadly.

Just as I was about to answer him that 'we'll never be friends' the bell went off.

"come. We're already late for the first period..." is what I said instead.

He just sighed and followed me.

I was already pissed as is,

First, there's the whole Olivia issue,

Then, this jackass decided it will be funny to get a new job at my bakery,

And now he dares to sit next to me in class!?

"what are you doing!?" I whispered-yelled at him.

"um, sitting?"

"Why are you sitting next to me though!?"

"I was thinking we could get to know each other, you know, since we're going to spend a lot of time together from now on"