25 | and they were roommates!

contrary to popular belief, most of the delinquents had cellmates while in prison. however, since most people base their character's time in the skybox off of clarke's, this fact is often overlooked.

clarke was alone because she was in solitary confinement. they specifically placed her there to prevent her from spilling the ark's secret that life support was failing. i'm assuming that solitary was only for those who committed treason and really, really bad criminals.

what does this mean? it means that your character should have a cellmate! it would make it easier for you to develop relationships with canon characters or even another OC. for example, my character from fireheart, ares, was cellmates with miller. having a pre-developed relationship makes things a lot easier, especially in a universe like the 100 where your OC will be swamped immediately by 100 other kids.

giving your character a roommate in the skybox will also make your story more unique. since a vast majority of authors follow clarke's opening scene, changing things up will make things more interesting. however, this doesn't mean you should follow her "fight the cops and run" sequence but with two people instead of one— that isn't anymore interesting than having just one character do it. try to make it different by having them be too confused to fight back, or just accepting their fate, etc. this will also give you a chance to dig deeper into your character; how would they react and why? what does it say about their personality? their view on life?