Chapter 14 { Apologizing }

Luna P.O.V

The next thing I knew was to run off. I grabbed my bag that was on the floor quickly and ran out of the house, getting inside my car I drove as fast as I could.

" calm down, calm down, don't think, don't think" I don't know why I ran away, I was scared somehow and I didn't know why. I got to school, quickly walked to my class trying to get to Jenny as soon as possible.

" oh morning girl," Jenny said, looking at my face, her reaction completely changed

" What happened, are you alright ?" I quickly shook my head

" calm down and tell me what happened " I took a deep breath

" h-he j-just kissed me," I told her, she looked at me for a long minute before she started laughing hard

" oh god, what am I gonna do with you ?" She asked and I was confused

"hey! Stop laughing! I was so scared I ran off quickly afterward" her laughter died as she looked at me with a disbelief look

" Why are you so stupid? I feel bad for him now, i understand this all might be new for you, but running off in this situation was everything but a good decision," she told me I facepalmed myself

" Jenny, now I feel guilty for running off, what to do ?" I asked her

" it's fine, I understand, just make it up for him. Umm how about taking him out on a date or just invite him for dinner or something, that always works," she told me, I quickly nodded

" but did you like it? was he a good kisser ?" She asked out of the blue make me hit her with my bag. she started laughing once more at my reaction.

But if I were to answer that question my answer will be: he was magical

*********

Time passed rather slowly today, after school I sent the address of my favorite restaurant in the city to Asher, I was too nervous to call him, so I just texted him the address and the time for us to meet up there.

I got into my car wanting to head there since it's 5 pm already, but I was stopped by someone

" Hi Luna, I am sorry to take your time, but could you please take me home? my friend asked for my car and I just gave it to him" Max showed up out of nowhere

I sighed, I can't be rude and say no, now can I?

" it is fine Max, come I will take you home, but i am somehow in hurry so be fast," he didn't need to be told twice, he opened the passenger door, getting in and putting the seatbelts on, I then started to drive towards his house.

" and we are here " I informed Max

" I see you are already engaged," he said with a blank expression.

" oh! yeah I am" I smiled awkwardly

" but there is something I don't understand, what does he have and I don't have to make you want him, you never wanted me even after knowing pretty well I love you?" He asked and I was silence before heaving a sigh

" Look, Max, I have said this before and I will always say it. You are kind and handsome, everyone will be lucky to be with you, but I just know I am not the right person for you and you are not the right person for me. I know pretty well there is your destined girl out there and she will turn out to be so much better than me, you will know I was right once you will find her." I told him softly. he deserves happiness like anyone else dose.

He sighed before getting out of the car

" Thanks for the ride," he said before he starts walking towards his house I only sighed

Poor Max

I looked over to my watch to check out the time

DANG I AM LATE IT IS 6:30 PM AND I MUST BE THERE AT 7 PM!

I started driving as fast as I could to the restaurant. I quickly walked towards the restaurant after I parking my car somewhere nearby, looking at my watch once more, it is 7:05 pm. Shit, I am the one who invited him and yet I am the late one here.

I got inside the restaurant and a waiter came up to me, they all know me since I come here often, he just showed me the way to my table and there was Asher sitting, waiting for me obviously.

" I am so sorry Asher, one of my friends asked me to take him home so I helped him, I didn't mean to be late," I said as I sat down, his expression got sorer, did I say something wrong?

" it's fine," he said coldly. ouch, that hurt.

" So why did you invite me here ? " he asked I looked down at my sweaty palms before answering.

" I-i wanted to apologize for running away today," i apologized

" oh no, I am the one to apologize, I shouldn't have done that, i am sorry.." he apologized as well, but I wish he didn't. that hurts more than if he were just to say he is mad at me.

Sensing my sad mood he spoke quickly

" You ok? Anything wrong ?" He asked worriedly

" n-no but I just think it is better not to kiss in the first place than to reject it later, don't you think so too? " I said as strongly as I could

Damn Luna when did you become so weak? Or being a slave to your emotions?

" oh no! you understood wrong " he took my right hand from the table, squeezing it lightly.

" I will never reject kissing you Luna, I reject doing it without permission, I must have scared you, That is why I am sorry" he explained and it made me feel so much better.

" thank you," I said he watched me confused

" you might not know this, but what you are doing for me is always appreciated, I feel really lucky that the man my dad decided for me to marry is you," I said truthfully how I feel, he need to know this.

" I am the lucky one here to ever met you in my life" He kissed my knuckles and I felt heat rushing up to my face.

After the dinner we both made our way back home using his car, again he called someone to bring my car back.

It was peaceful, we were both enjoying the silence when I felt something is off, looking over to Asher he looked super pissed

"Asher? Is Everything alright?" I asked him worriedly

" everything is fine, no worries, i just remembered something. I will take you home and I must leave for a while, ok ?" He said, I was unsure but said ok in reply

after we got back home I saw our house surrounded by what it looks like bodyguards, we both got out of the car, Asher came to my side as he grabbed my hand making me follow him inside.

" Asher, what is wrong? why are there so many guards surrounding the house?" I was starting to panic, Asher cupped my face in his hands, taking all my attention making me focus only on him.

" Nothing is wrong, calm down, ok? It's just some company business and since I won't be here for about few hours I wanted bodyguards to keep you safe, it's a forest, after all, God knows what can be out there " he tried to explain, but with my eyes locked with his, I could feel that wasn't the case. But what can I do now? i can't argue about anything.

" Just stay inside the house, ok? you can sleep I will be back as soon as I can, I promise love," he said and I slowly nodded, he then kissed my forehead before starting to walk away, but before he could walk any further I grabbed his wrist make him stop and look back at me.

" Please be safe, I don't have a good feeling about this, ok ?" something feels off and I don't like the fact he will leave now.

" don't worry," he said as he softly took my hand off of his wrist.

I just hope he will be ok...