Chapter 43: Edge of Night

AYYYYYYY!!!!! WAZZUP???

Sorry about the WAIT! (Who the hell does she think she IS?) I've been so busy and this is a little bit of a filler-chapter but wanted to get something up quick for my bb's and so I could put a pretty big announcement at the end!!! ;) 

Please share this story, vote, comment, and leave feedback to help me out!! YEET! ;)

Death and I warped back to the entryway of his apartment.

Within seconds, his horns evaporated, and the obsidian shade of his monstrous half-form disintegrated back into his tattoos, leaving behind the bronze, mouthwatering Fallen that had an even more dangerous effect on me. This version of him cruelly mimicked a human being. A very muscular, very lethal, very exotic looking human being, moving toward me...

Death's mouth crashed against mine. My hands didn't know where to go and gripped his bare forearms. His tongue flicked against my teeth, and it was then I tasted his blood dripping into my mouth. That strange, sweet, thin texture of a Fallen's blood. He gripped the back of my head, prying open my mouth as he went to town on, stroking my tongue over and over again as blood poured down my throat like hot, liquid sugar. I slid my grip up his powerful arms to the back of his skull to have an excuse to that silky soft hair again. The madness of his bloody tongue slowly sliding across my lip one last time before he pulled away nearly made me collapse.

I felt my strength return at full-force as well as my sobriety as I pushed him away, breathing hard. He thumped a little against the opposite side of the hallway with his black hair sticking up from my hands, gaping at me with dark, carnal eyes.

Tasting his blood in my mouth again was the last thing I would find hot, but here I was. "What the hell was that, Death?"

"You lost too much blood," he said, very matter-a-factly, whereas my head was spinning. "You weren't healing yourself."

I wiped the back of my hand over my mouth. "Couldn't you have put your freaky blood in a glass or something?"

Death snickered and tucked his lower lip into his mouth to bite back a smirk, polishing off a droplet of blood on a silver loop piercing. "Where's the fun in that?"

The sound of male voices and laughter echoed down the entryway. Death didn't seem surprised and brushed past me, stalking down the hallway and leaving me pressed flat against the wall. Frustrated in more ways than one, I had no other choice but to follow him.

Imagine our surprise when we discovered a whole gang of Reapers watching Tangled in Death's living room. Death motioned for me to get back behind the wall dividing the kitchen and the dining room, so that we were hidden from the Reapers. He put a finger to his lips, pointed at the Reapers, and then crossed his thick arms over his chest.

We observed his subordinates as if were at a zoo.

Gunner and Wolf were sprawled on the large couch facing the TV fighting over popcorn, Romeo wore a sleep mask and was drooped in a beanbag with one hand resting halfway down his pants and his other holding a bottle of liquor, Denim sat watching the television fully dressed in gear with a rigid posture, Blade sat crisscross apple sauce on the floor furiously sharpening his knife, Leo was playing some sort of Gameboy that made him rage quit at that exact moment, and Flash laid haphazardly on the coffee table in the middle of all of them, snoring noisily.

"These twin thieves are absolute morons," Wolf said, fully invested in the television, just like Denim. He managed to wrestle Gunner into a power headlock and snatched a big handful of popcorn, shoving it greedily mouth. He paused and made a face mid-chew. "Why the fuck is my tongue burning, Gun? I thought this was normal popcorn!"