final - 5

“I..it’s nothing r-really,” Jungkook stuttered flustered by the sudden kiss, “I-I mean, you haven’t even t-tasted it yet”.

Taehyung grabbed a fork and took a bit of the cake.  He slowly licked the frosting off his lips.  “Amazing, just as I thought”.

Jungkook took a bite too, “I’ve done better,” he shrugged.

“No need to get cocky, Kooks,” Taehyung laughed as he continued to eat the cake, “this cake is pretty damn good tho”.

“I know what I’m doing”.

“Oh I don’t doubt that”.

Jungkook felt it again, the feeling that he got whenever Taehyung spoke his name, when taehyung  placed that kiss on his cheek, the feeling that made it impossible for him to get the boy out of his head.

“You’re kind of amazing, Jungkook,” Taehyung smiled.

“ Good to hear, but not everyone thinks so,” Jungkook laughed.

“What do you mean?”

“Well dropping out of university wasn’t exactly a good decision with my family”.

“Why not?” Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

“Well, of course, it was a risk, and my parents were set on me becoming a lawyer or a doctor or something.  I worked in a bakery growing up but it always seemed more like a hobby than an actual career choice, you know?  But once I actually started doing something else, I realized this is the only thing I want to do”.

“Yeah, I get it, I’ve always loved acting but I never thought I’d be good enough to become an actor professionally so I’m just finishing school to teach theatre instead.  I sort of wish I would’ve been like you and taken the risk but I’m sure my mom feels better knowing I’ve chosen the stable life,” Taehyung laughed dryly.

“Damn, I’m sure you’d like to be with your family, seeing as it’s your birthday Today.  Why didn't you took a day off ? "

“My mom’s actually out of the country,” Taehyung explained, “I paid for her to take a trip to New York for Christmas.  I know she’s always wanted to, and things weren’t exactly easy for her while I was growing up.  She deserves it, but tickets to New York aren’t exactly cheap, so that’s why I applied to work here”.

Jungkook nodded thoughtfully.