twelve

IT'S all irking her. The same. exact. dream. The fact that it continuously feels real. He had been nothing but a friend to her but somehow these dreams portray it as something more.

        Today, Chaebyeol was meeting with Hyunjin. She wouldn't be around Chan, so why was she so nervous? Probably because there was an off chance that the two would have an encounter. She finally left her apartment, making the short walk toward the JYP building. The staff let her in with no problems, and so, she took the elevator towards the room Hyunjin told her to meet at.

       It was her second time in this room. It was the practice room she, Minho, and the others hung out at. However, now it was only Hyunjin in this large sized room. He was sitting on the floor, leaning back on his arms. When Chaebyeol opened the door, his head moved towards her direction, before his face erupted into a smile. "Hey Chaebyeol." he brightly greeted with a small wave.

        The female returned the gesture before sitting next to him on the floor. She mirrored his actions from earlier and closed her eyes. "I'm tired." Hyunjin suddenly spoke. "What was the point of inviting me then-?" Chaebyeol asked, following her question with a small laugh. "'Cuz talking to you cheers me up." he shrugged, laying back onto the floor comfortably.

       "Psh, so cheesy." Chaebyeol scoffed, looking down at Hyunjin. "Only for you." he playfully winked, causing Chaebyeol to nudge the male in the shoulder. "Practice was tough today?" she asked, laying down next to him. He shut his eyes tiredly and gave her a small nod. They laid, none speaking a word as the peaceful silence engulfed them.

        After a few minutes of taking a quick break, Hyunjin hops up. His hand extending out to Chaebyeol to help her up. She accepts his hand, thanking him before getting up. "Welp, let's head out now!" the female cheered, her grip still on Hyunjin's hand. She opened the door and bolted out, dragging the poor boy behind her. The sudden feeling of crashing into a wall stopped her.

          She felt Hyunjin unclasp his hand from her's and immediately checked up on her. "Chae! Are you okay?" he questioned, pulling the girl to his side. She returned a small embarrassed nod. "What did I run into anywa-." she stopped mid sentence when she turned to find Chan, standing there with his hand gripping his stomach. 'Wait. That 'wall' I crashed into was... Chan?'  It took Chaebyeol a bit to process what had just happened. When she finally did so, her face turned into a crimson color. "Woah.. HAHAHAHA" she exclaimed, laughing to herself like a maniac.

        "Chae! Chaebyeol!" the familiar voice of Hyunjin called out once more. Chan reached out to shake the female out of whatever trance she was currently in, only to have his hand swatted away by her. He took his hand back in shock and backed away slightly in confusion. "Did I mess her up..?" he questioned. "U-uh, I think you did." Hyunjin stuttered, joining the older male's side. Chaebyeol's sudden trance was broken and she looked back towards the two boys. Nothing but innocence glinting in her eyes. "It's late! We should go!" she suddenly yelled once she glanced towards Chan. The female grabbed Hyunjin's hand once more before now, cautiously, guiding the two through the buildings.

         Chan watched the two leave, noticing the change of expression on Chaebyeol's face. She was frowning? But when she looked back at Hyunjin, it immediately morphed into a bright smile. 'Had I done something..?' he thought hard to himself.

'Why can't she smile like that at me like she did with him?' he pondered. Hyunjin and the female had grown a close bond. It was definitely closer than his own, at least. 'They looked like the perfect match' Chan admitted.. A sudden pang in his heart made him snap out of his daze.

Why did it hurt? Why did it hurt seeing those two so close to each other?