Chapter seven-

Opening my eyes I look around and see I'm laying on a couch. Sitting up sleepily I look around and hear Chase's voice. Getting up I walk in the direction of his voice and realize he's on the phone. I know it's rude to ease drop but I'm curious.

"I know," he says angrily.

"What else did you expect me to do?" then he hangs up and looks in my direction. My eyes widen. He looks disapproving as he looks at me. 

"Come," he tells me so I walk over to him and wait for his next command. 

"Why were you ease dropping?" he questions me. 

"Because I was curious," I tell him then add. "I didn't hear much." 

"Next time you do that I will punish you," he tells me. I nod my head looking down. I hate that word. My dad used that word a lot. 

"Night," I hear him say and I look up at him. 

"Didn't I tell you to answer me verbally?" he questions. Oh, he did. Oops! 

"Sorry," I say forcing myself not to look down. 

"That wasn't the question," he tells me. 

"Yes," I say finally giving him the answer to the question he asked. I feel so stupid right now! How could I have forgotten?

"Then answer me that way next time," he tells me. I reply with a simple okay and I fallow him out of the room. 

He looks and the kitchen and nod in approval. Hopefully that's good enough that he won't punish me! Gosh, I really hate that word!

We then hear the front door open. Chase's eyes widen as well as mine and we're both confused. Then we hear it and Chase takes off on a dead run in the opposite direction. It's the police! I stand there in shock and see a collar on the table. 

I pick it up and tears well up in my eyes. Is this the end? It can't be can it? No, it can't be. "Police," I hear a voice behind me say. A male officer comes over to me as they search the rest of the house. 

Run Chase, don't let them catch you! I know there's aback door then a forest full of woods behind it. I hope he makes it out. Then an idea pops into my mind. 

"He's not home," I say blankly. This seems to stop them for a second before they continue their search but not as intense as before. My tears spill over. I don't want this to be over! The male officer tries to take the collar out of my hand but my grip tightens. This was supposed to be mine. I'm keeping it. 

I'm rushed out of the house and thankfully see they haven't found Chase yet. They put me in a car and drive me down to the station. But I wanted to stay! This ain't fair! Maybe if I tell them I went willingly? That'll make me sound crazy but at least he won't be in as much trouble. Maybe if I say I forced this on him? Then maybe he can continue to teach?

Once I get to the police station my mind starts comprehending what really happened and I break down into tears.  I walk into the station trying not to cry out loud with my gaze and head facing the ground. 

"Oh Hunny!" my mom exclaims and rushes over to me and hugs me. "I was so worried. Did he hurt you? DOn't worry, he'll go to jail for a long time!" she declares. "With you're help he'll..." I stop her. 

"I went with him willingly," I snap. I cringe inwardly at my own lie, I hate lying, especially to my own mother. I should be able to tell her the truth! 

"What?" she says her voice deadly low. "Night, are you saying what I think you're saying?" she questions. By then some police officer have stopped to listen in. 

"What I mean is, I forced him to take me with him," I say tears springing back in my eyes. I'm doing this for you Chase! Is it really worth it though? He gave me purpose and something I loved. I owe him this. He's helped me, it may not be in a way anyone can think of but he has. He made me feel safe and to not fear commands that may sound harsh. He's made me stronger! I owe him everything!

"Night!" my mother yells causing me to slightly flinch. Then I see it. They drag Chase in and he's sure fighting. Our eyes meet, his own filled with anger and regret. I take a breath and clear my throat before I put on my act. 

I rush towards Chase and say to the police officers holding him, "Please don't punish him! It's my fault! I'm the one who threatened him if he didn't to take me with him!" the tears return. Least I don't have to fake that part. Chases eyes slightly widen in surprise but he plays along and looks down. 

"Night, you're old enough to know better than to do this," he says in a disapproving tone. 

"I like you," I say looking down and blushing. Well, hey, it is true! "I never met to get you in trouble," I tell him looking ip at him. The whole station is quiet as they watch our act, hopefully believing it. 

After a minute the officers take him away and I break down into tears. God, what have I just gotten myself into?! I'm in so much trouble. Least I came up with what the threat it, thank God. I need something to tell them why I did this. Even though I was kidnapped but they don't need to and aren't ever going to know that! My mom turns me around and looks at me with an angry expression. 

"I hope you know the trouble you've gotten that good man into," he tells me with a very angry and sad tone. I almost smile with joy. If she fell for it that means there's gonna be more people who bought it too! But thankfully I'm to mad and sad to actually smile right now. 

As I get done with all the questioning and sticking to one story and one story only, as hard as it was to keep some of the untrue facts the same, I managed to, my mom and I head home. As I look out the window of the car I let my mind wonder. 

Who was he talking to on the phone? What would have happened if the police haven't found me? What if I didn't like what Chase did, would I still have wanted to get away? What if... UGH! Stupid what if's! 

I'll do what it takes to fight for Chase. I won't let him get in trouble even if he deserves it for kidnapping. Not when....

I love you Chase

The end~

I might do a sequel to this, if enough people want me to. Lets say, five stars on this part and I'll make a short story of Chases life. Ten stars and I'll continue the book.