Conclusion

Thank you all so so so much for reading! It's been a blast and I hope you all continue to read future seasons. Season four is right around the corner, with 14 brand-new competitors and a unique season theme!

For now, though, here are the final placements:
1st: Bowser
2nd: Toad
3rd: Metal Mario
4th: Blooper
5th: Pink Gold Peach
6th: Wario
7th: Goomba
8th: Luigi
9th: Pauline
10th: Koopa
11th: Yoshi
12th: Boo
13th: Rosalina
14th: Bob-omb
15th: Peach
16th: Toadette
17th: Shy Guy
18th: Daisy
19th: DK
20th: Mario
21st: Bowser Jr.

Fun facts time!

Luigi and Yoshi were originally going to receive lower placements.

Before starting to write, I always knew Toad was going to win. However, when I was planning, I thought it would be fun to switch it up.

On a related note, I never thought too much about Bowser's placement (this was very early on). Then I decided I wanted him to go to at least the final four, but he ended up winning the whole thing.

Other than that, I don't recall any other placements being switched around. I think Bob-omb and Toadette might have been higher, but I'm not sure.

Twila and Brighton were actually planned to be the two new contestants (this was hinted at in one of the Aftermath's last season when Toadette was swooning over Brighton). I ultimately decided on Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach instead because it was easier to make them villains.

Pauline wasn't originally going to join, but after Action's Reunion Special I felt like it was necessary.

I was considering adding Dry Bones this season but I decided against it.

If I had to reboot the series, Fly Guy and Bob-omb would not be contestants until much later.

This is the first season where the final three is not the finale. I knew that I wanted this approach going into the season but I never thought about it until recently.

Episodes 20-23 were originally going to be named:
20. Road to Rainbow Road (Part 1)
21. Road to Rainbow Road (Part 2)
22. Road to Rainbow Road (Part 3)
23. Road to Rainbow Road (Part 4)
I ultimately decided against this because it wasn't very creative, and it wasn't really a four-part episode. It was more like four episodes of The Amazing Race.

Wario was originally going to be the first one out (this was way back when I thought about it in season one) but I started to like him more. Sorry Bowser Jr.!

If I had to change anything about this season, I would make DK, Toadette, and Koopa go further and have Luigi eliminated sooner.

Well... That's it! One final message:

Thank you all so much! I'll see you in season four! ;)

~@donalblooper~