Chapter 9

I can see it as clear as day....

A girl at the sweet age of six is being yelled at for the second time that day. The tears wouldn't stop, making a salty puddle on the floor. I should've brought it to her when she called... but I got distracted by a beautiful blue butterfly. I always got distracted by minuscule things that would catch my eye. Once the Queen had finished with me, I started to run. I wasn't sure where I was going, but I just kept running. My frail legs couldn't take me any farther and it marked the end of my journey. I grabbed onto a pillar for support, putting my whole weight on it. On the other side of it, I saw the sun's rays beaming through the room with ease like a knife cutting through butter. I came out of the shadow of the pillar, only to run behind it once more. I got startled by a small shadow being cast by a boy around my age. I peer from behind the pillar, trying to see who this mystery boy was. The boy was a bit taller than I, with blonde hair that was perfectly combed. As I could only see his back, I did notice that he had a dark green shirt with dress pants, and nice shoes. I couldn't believe my eyes. My heart stopped as I fell in awe. A boy my age had been living here this entire time? I was absolutely astonished at the sight...

I come out of the memory as if I've been punched in the gut, almost falling on the ground from the emotional impact. I look at the man that I've known my whole life, but never knew at the same time. He's looking intently at the garden, as if he's contemplating something. His back is completely straight, but relaxed at the same time. It seems as if he's lost himself in the garden. I should know because it's happened to me many times.

I want so desperately to go, but I don't want to disturb him. Then again, it's the only thing that'll make my aching head feel the slightest bit better. I'm pretty sure it's bleeding by now, but I really don't care. I quietly carry myself to the window, tip toeing with every step. I stand about ten feet away from him as I situate myself on the floor. He finally moves his head to look at me with a joyful, yet confused, expression.

I look out to the garden, where all my distant dreams are held. I can see the slight tint of the flowers in the bright moon light. I wish I could feel those soft petals and smell that sweet and gentle aroma of the flowers. They not only look peaceful, but happy. Something I can only wish to be. I turn my head to find that the prince is standing right next to me now. I didn't even notice, due to getting lost in the emotions the garden somehow gives me.

"So.. what brings you here?" Why is it that every time he speaks, it sends a spark of something foreign into my chest, tingles up my spine, and trembles through my hands?

"I always come here. Often, to let go of my worries." I answer, looking longingly at the garden below.

"It really is a garden of fantasies, huh?" I nod, giving him a slight smile. I lean a little closer to him, lightening the mood by putting a small smile on my face.

"What brings you here?" He chuckles just the slightest at my question, tapping his chin with his pointer finger.

"Same as you," He responds.

"Where were you today?" Why did I ask that?! I must seem so nosy right now!

"I was busy at a.. banquet." He says, sounding a bit off with his answer. I finally realize what he's wearing. A black and white tuxedo that definitely shows off his toned arms.

"Were you looking for me?" He raises his eye brow at me, leaning closer in a jokingly manner.

"Uh- no! I just noticed you weren't in the throne room today." I say quickly, trying to defend myself.

He says nothing, but his eyebrow is still arched. I awkwardly look away, staring directly at the garden once more.

"What worries you, Miss Lily?" He says as he seats himself right next to me. I keep looking out, with my shawl covering my face.

"I'm just hurt," Emotionally and physically. "I feel like this garden takes it away and replaces it with peace."

"I completely understand... I feel the same way."

"What worries you, Prince Fredrick?" He shifts at my question.

"How did you know there was something wrong?" He asks, shock present in his voice.

With out a second thought, I reply with "Because I could see a form of pain as you stared at the garden."

"Good eye," he says, sounding impressed. He huffs a sigh as he continues with his sentence. "I'm just tired of being controlled. I want to be my own horseman for once without someone telling me to turn left." I turn to him, now noticing that he's probably been staring at me the whole time. Do I have something on my face? It seems as if he wants to say something, but he immediately stops himself.

"Have you ever been?" He suddenly says as he points at the flowers below, completely changing the subject.

"To the garden?" I question. He nods. "No, but I have always wanted to. I've just always been... busy." That, and the queen would kill me if she were to ever see me in her precious garden. He's in deep thought after that, until he moves closer to me.

"Lily?"

I look up at him, which was a mistake because I most definitely got lost in his dominant green eyes. He searches my eyes, as if he's been keeping something to himself the entire time and he just wants to burst. Our faces are inches away from each other. Before he can say another word, a distant call is heard from the hall. "Fredrick!" He immediately jumps up, stretching out his hand to quickly help me up.

"I'll tell you tomorrow!" He whispers, gesturing me to go before we get into deep trouble. Before I know it, I'm back in my room. My head feels like it's slowly, but painfully, splitting in half.

I don't remember what happened next... except everything going completely black with an intense pain shooting through my head.

Authors Note:

Hello Lovelies! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It's definitely one of my favorite chapters so far! I love hearing your feedback, so don't be shy to comment! I am so thankful to everyone who took time to read and vote for my book! It truly means a lot to me! Thank you so, so much! God bless!

Never forget that you are so lovely, and to always let it shine!

~Love