Chapter 30

The look of perplexity plasters itself on everyone's face as they look at the person who interrupted the ceremony. King William adjusts his white tuxedo in a nervous manner, as determination settles on his face, he walks up to the alter.

"Greetings, citizens of Scadia! I apologize, but we will have to cut this coronation short."

Gasps are heard from the people as they look to one another, leaving the bride appearing very angry and the groom extremely confused.

"There is, uh, something I have to tell you all,"

"What the heck is he doing?" The Queen groans, making me fall to the ground as she harshly lets me go.

She runs to the altar, putting on her bittersweet smile. She tries to grab King William's arm, but he swiftly moves away from her grasp.

"Ladies and gentlemen, our Queen is not who she says she is! She not only raised your taxes so that she could obtain all your money, but she also killed her best friend... OUR best friends, Emily and Mark, out of jealousy. She took their baby and has been tormenting her from the moment she could walk. Profusely hitting her and screaming disgusting things to her for no good reason. Your beloved queen, my wife, planned an assassination to kill our son today. The only reason she had Fredrick was to one up her best friend. Her heart was never in it, thus it does not make this drastic decision hard on her conscious. Her heart's in one place and all it wants is power."

He then turns to me.

"Lily, you were never allowed to gaze upon Fredrick because Madia knew that the both of you were going to fall in love one day. I had a dream many nights ago of the both of you together, and your father had the same dream as I. Since we knew that the both of you could never marry because he is royal and you are not, we created a document stating that the two of you could marry when the time came. Though Madia never knew about the document until today, she still knew about the dream. THAT is why she would tell you that you are hideous. Not only because she is jealous of you, but because she never wanted you to think of yourself higher than anyone walking the earth."

He turns back toward his wife and menacingly steps closer to her.

"I am tired of your control, Madia. Though I was forced to marry you, I fell in love with you with time. But I was an idiot to do so. You took me for granted, and you used me."

"And Lily, from the bottom of my heart, I am truly sorry for being such a door mat. That does not display true leadership, and I am terribly sorry and disappointed in myself."

I bow to him, showing that I forgive him and that I haven't entirely lost respect for him as King.

"As for you, you will get exactly what you deserve!"

He gestures his hand towards the Queen, motioning the guards to arrest her.

"You can't do this to me, William!" Madia screams, trying to run from their grasps.

"I already did." The King retorts.

She gasps at his new found confidence, wiggling from side to side to release herself from the clutches of the royal guards.

"I am the Queen of Scadia. I demand to be let loose immediately!"

"Not anymore," Fredrick chimes in, standing next to his father.

He swiftly gives King William a warm hug, showing a sense of forgiveness. Madia and Lady Adora's faces look utterly shocked as they get dragged away to where they will spend the rest of their days.

The King looks over at me and slowly walks toward me with a smile on his face. He stands right in front of me and reaches out his white gloved hand, delicately taking mine. He takes me to the altar and raises my hand.