Chapter Fifteen

The following Sunday was a free day for both Jun and Kazuhiko, a long needed break from the busy week which was as normal leading up until Christmas Day. That hallowed day, which meant different things to different people, was now just a few days away. Keiichi and Abhi had finished school for the term, Eiko had returned to work at her florist to help cover a part of the holidays and the part timers had been asked to work extra shifts as well.

Kazuhiko had been arranging a Christmas concert to further share his school's talented students gifts with their community and hopefully beyond it. His mother would also be performing, so many tickets had been sold to the event simply for that reason alone. But before it occurred in two days time, Kazuhiko had a chance to relax and spend time with his sons, with both of his sons. He wanted to introduce Kou to Keiichi, but had worried that the older boy would not take his having another child well. He had texted Jun before hand on his thoughts.

I believe it is better to do this soon as well. Keiichi is a good boy, but it's best not to keep secrets like this for too long.

Kazuhiko had smiled and switched to the photograph upon the phone that Jun had sent him. The beaming smile upon his child's face had tugged his heartstrings.

Is this Sunday too soon?

It took a good ten minutes for Jun to reply and Kazuhiko had begun to worry that he was pushing too much too soon, but finally, his phone chimed to let him know that he had another text.

It should be fine.

They had agreed to meet at a children's indoor play park nearer the centre of the city.  Jun bundled Keiichi in a thick puffer jacket and made sure he wore his woollens, not that he ever forgot; they did have his favourite characters on them after all.  And then the pair giggled as they pretended to be dragons puffing out misty air from their mouths, before sitting at the bus stop in wait.  Ten minutes later, Keiichi rushed onto the bus, while Jun paid the fair.  Kei waved at him from the back seats he had claimed and Jun had to sigh.  He always felt nauseous sitting that far back, but he placed a smile upon his face and moved to sit with his son.  He was definitely glad to get off again.

Kazuhiko on the other hand put Kou into his navy blue snow suit, tucking the baby's hands carefully into the mittens and placing a woollen hat upon his little head before pulling over the hood.  He put on his own coat before lifting Kou into his arms and grabbing the nappy bag and bottle of formula.  He didn't call out to his mother to let her know he was leaving, she would not have heard him from his part of the house anyway.  And besides, he had his phone if he was needed.

Placing Kou into his car seat, the little one began to wiggle excitedly, it wasn't often he got to leave the house.  But within three minutes of the car being in motion, the child was fast asleep.  He barely stirred as they arrived at their destination, but pouted and whined when Kazuhiko lifted him out of his car seat.  Just inside the play park, Jun and Keiichi were waiting for them.

Keiichi was torn between being excited at meeting his father again and curious about the baby in his arms.  Jun suggested that they pay and find somewhere to sit, before introductions were made.  Kei held his mummy's hand while keeping a close eye on the yawning baby and the two men paid for entry and opened the doors to the play park.  They were all hit with a wave of sound, which startled Kou, causing him to whimper.  Kei was not troubled, his eyes flittering over the climbing frames, ball pits and slides.  The padded bars, soft frames and plastic balls were a rainbow of colour and small bodies darted about everywhere, while parents looked on indulgently from tables and chairs placed to one side.

Jun pulled Kei to a spare table, Kazuhiko and Kou following and they sat down and removed coats.  Keiichi bounces up and down in front of his mummy.  "Can I go play now?" He asked excitedly.