Chapter 14

Sasha

I open my eyes to see a whitewashed ceiling above me and although I don't have an advanced sense of smell I can smell the strong pungent scent of disinfectant in the room.

I sit up on a white hospital bed and I look around to see a room resembling a hospital ward.

I can faintly remember being brought here.

I remember my vision going black every few seconds and agonizing pain along with blurred voices echoing in my head. They go back and forth and spin around me like cartoon birds around the head of a person who has just slammed into a tree. My head feels like I might just have very well done that. So sore and dizzy.

I get out the bed and to my feet and I feel some sort of weakness like I'm sick and I just want to throw up. There is an awkwardness to the steps where I sway and stumble with completely imperfect vision. I stumble and a pair of strong hands catch me and I am lifted and placed back on the bed.

"Easy there Luna the Alpha would beat me black and blue if you got another scratch or bruise on your body," a voice says.

"The Alpha? Wait why am I back here!?" I exclaim.

"The Alpha rescued you Luna."

"Luna? I am not a moon now let me go back home," I say pushing him away and getting up and I am suddenly pulled back by a cord and I see an IV.

I rip the IV out and I walk towards the door.

The door opens and I see the werewolf alpha in front of me.

He looks at my wrist angrily, his eyes following the dripping blood.

I step back, frightened my his angry glare and I hold my wrist to my chest in my other hand and my body trembles.

His hand grabs my wrist and he pulls me close and my heart races in fear.

"John go get the the doctor. She needs her IV back in," he says and picks me up puts me on the bed.

I struggle to get out the bed and I kick him in an attempt to go.

"Alpha do you want me to sedate her?"

I stop at those words and crawl back.

"Please let me go," I whisper, afraid and slightly confused still.

"The wolfsbane is having a bad effect on you, you're not usually scared like this from what I can gather," the woman says.

"Please let me go. I want to go home," I say, tears in my eyes.

"No, my darling mate, you are already home. This is your home now and you will not return to the place you previously called home, ever. Understand?!" He shouts at me and I crawl further back.

"Please Alpha, calm down. You're scaring her."

"You don't know how it feels to do everything possible to keep your mate safe only to be time and time again rejected and for her to want to leave you. No because you don't have a mate!" He shouts at her.

"Leave her alone! She did nothing wrong!" I shout.

"Quiet!" He shouts at me, his eyes pure black and I crawl back afraid. His pupils are sheer black, a complete colour change that is not possible and is utterly terrifying as is the snarling of a growl in his voice. Something animalistic and wrong.

I feel my hand slip and the bed disappears from beneath my hands as I tumble over the side. The floor gets closer and closer until it meets with a harsh impact that sends my head spinning and turns my vision to black.