Chapter 2

The next couple of classes passed by and before I knew it, it was lunch time. Also considered as my favorite time because there are no teachers lecturing and I get to eat. What more can a person want in life?

Victoria, Elena, Claire, and I all sat down at our usual table after grabbing food. One of the many perks of our school was that they had amazing food, but considering how much we had to pay to be here I wouldn't accept anything less.

We were chatting about any weekend plans we had while eating our lunches when the doors opened up and the whole cafeteria turned dead silent. I turned my head to see what the commotion was all about. It was Leonardo Moretti and his posse.

His inner circle friend group consisted of Damon Rossi who was the closest to Leonardo, and whose father happened to be Steven Moretti's (Leonardo's father's) second in command. He had light brown hair that was slightly curly and dark green eyes. Damon was certainly in very good shape and easy on the eyes.

Next was Justin Smalls whose father owned an oil company, he was more on the lanky side but was really smart. He had blonde hair and dark blue eyes, with freckles that covered his cheeks. I used to have a couple of classes with him last year and he was always really nice.

Then there was Vince Marino whose father was an extremely popular surgeon around the country. He was following in his father's footsteps and had an eye for anything medical related. He had short black hair and hazel eyes that complimented his dark skin very well. Vince was also very fit and had been nice to me ever since freshman year.

Lastly, there was Leonardo Moretti. He was the tallest out of the four and looked like he was around 6'2. He had dark, jet black hair and the iciest blue eyes I had ever seen. He walked with confidence and his built arms had become littered with tattoos. There was no doubt that he was attractive, but the feared attitude he gave off stopped all girls from coming after him. At only 17 years old, he was feared by both older and younger men and women, but my God was he hot.

"Holy crap, I was not expecting to see him today," said Elena with her mouth open in shock replicating everyone else's faces in the cafeteria. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Oh my god Justin is so hot," Claire said while sighing.

"Claire now is not the time," Victoria rolled her eyes.

It looked like Leonardo was looking around and his eyes squinted ever so slightly as if he was looking for something in specific before they finally landed on something. Me. We made eye contact and I saw him faintly smirk before him and his friends started walking over to our table.

"Oh my god are they walking over here? Aria why did you look him in the eye!" Elena whisper shouted.

"I have no idea, what do we do?" My eyes wide, I started panicking.

Claire looked like she was going to pass out, before Victoria cut in, "Maybe they're not even coming to our table? Maybe they just have to walk this way to pass by. Everyone act calm."

Next thing I knew, the four of them stood in front of our table with Leonardo in the front leading them. My heart literally stopped.

"Hello Aria," Leonardo said looking at me directly in the eye. His voice was rough and deep, and he made my name sound amazing rolling off of his tongue.

I forgot how to breathe, I could feel the whole school looking at me.

"H-Hi," I cursed myself for stuttering but I had literally never felt more awkward in my entire life.

A faint smile appeared on his lips upon hearing my voice, "How have you been?"

"Um good- great, yeah. Welcome back," I said offering him a small smile. Why did I say that? Maybe it was a sensitive topic? I mean sure our parents know each other considering that my father handled some of his father's cases, but we're not at that level of closeness that I could bring up stuff like that.

"I certainly am happier now," he said while still holding eye contact. I could see my friends refusing to look at Leonardo. He didn't allow anyone to look him in the eye and yet here I was, literally holding eye contact, practically asking for a death wish.

I cleared my voice, "I'm glad to hear that." I began to look down at the table hoping he would leave.

"I was actually going to ask if I could walk you to your next class."

I looked up quickly, my eyes wide. Did he really just ask to walk me to class? Why? We hardly talked before he went to Italy and we didn't talk while he was in Italy, so why the hell was he asking to walk me to class?

"Oh um ha, sure," I said trying to act cool. In reality, my heart was beating so quick and my palms were becoming more and more sweaty. I was having a mini panic attack but it's fine, just someone really attractive and really freaking scary wanting to walk me to class. No biggie.

"Great," he said smirking at me. I began to get up, grabbing my bag as I got up. I looked at my friends who all had shocked faces and their mouth's dropped.

I walked around the table to meet up with him, with my backpack hanging off of one of my shoulders. Before I could put the other strap on, I felt his hand grab the backpack off of my shoulder and he held it in his hands. I was even more shocked than before and I think everyone else was too. Leonardo literally did not talk to any girl ever, hell I don't think he's ever dated a girl before, and here he was doing something as simple as carrying the backpack of a girl he never talks to.

"Alright let's go," he said placing the backpack over his shoulder. I felt the warmth of his hand on my lower back as he began leading me out the cafeteria doors.

What the hell did I get myself into?