Chapter 4

I was keeping track of the minutes until my chemistry class ended and my anxiety was peeking at every minute that passed by. I had texted the girls telling them everything that happened while Leonardo walked me to class, and they were all pretty shocked and just as confused as I was.

I had given myself a pep talk in order to establish some sort of confidence, while in the presence of Leonardo later. I had to stop being a nervous wreck and stand tall and proud. Given the fact that I was quite awkward around people naturally, especially around a person of the opposite sex who was both incredibly attractive and intimidating as Leonardo, this was a huge step up.

Typically during class, I would find myself dozing off considering that history, to me, was extremely boring. However, the nervous feeling I had in the pit of my stomach stopped me from being able to do that. I wasn't ready for whatever was going to happen after this class ended.

My teacher gave us a worksheet to complete during the last ten minutes of the class, but at this rate, I was probably going to have to finish it for homework.

Soon enough, the bell rang and my heart literally dropped. I took my time packing up my things in hopes that I could postpone the interaction between Leonardo and I for as long as possible. Eventually, I had to leave the class and be a big girl.

I walked out and noticed Leonardo waiting outside, leaning against the lockers. He smirked as soon as he saw me, and this time I held eye contact with him instead of shying away.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked him.

He seemed a little bit shocked, probably because I was initiating the conversation first, but nonetheless, he nodded his head and said, "Let's go, my driver is out front waiting."

He gestured for me to walk first and so I did, but he soon was walking right beside me. The hallway cleared as soon as everyone saw us walking together, all shocked seeing that it was clearly not a one-time occurrence of Leonardo walking with me.

I was embarrassed to be the center of attention like this, and I wanted to hide from all of the prying eyes. I felt Leo walk closer next to me and when I looked up at him, he had yet again another smirk on his face. Feeling my eyes on the side of his face, he turned his head to look at me, but I quickly looked away from him feeling my cheeks get hotter.

Thankfully the walk from my class to the front doors wasn't that long, and in no time we were already outside where his driver was waiting with the car.

"Good afternoon Mr. Moretti and Miss. Moon," his driver said while opening the doors for us. I thanked him before getting into the car first, Leo soon following in after me. I let out a sigh as soon as I was engulfed by the heat of the car.

The back seat of the car was huge and yet it felt so small with Leonardo's big frame covering the majority of it.

It seemed that the more I scooched away from him, the closer he would come to me. However, him being this close to me, I was able to smell his cologne and it had to be the best scent I had ever smelt in my life. Something about boys cologne was amazing, but his, in particular, was heaven.

However, I was not going to let this delicious smelling man beside me distract me from getting the answers to all the questions I had for him. The only problem was that I had no idea how to bring the topic up in this silent car.

That was until I felt his body turn towards me and he cleared his throat, "So how was school today?"

I shifted my body slightly so that I was faced towards him a little better, "It was alright, it's school, it can't be all that good, right?" I tried to crack a joke, in order to help ease the slight awkwardness in the car.

It seemed to work, especially when I heard him let out a small chuckle. "That it certainly is."

This was my chance to begin asking some questions. "So you mentioned that our families were having dinner together tonight?"

"Ah yes, my father arranged it last minute, like he does most things," he whispered the last part more to himself, but I still managed to hear it.

"Oh, nice." Time to ask my next question. "How did you enjoy Italy, I bet it was beautiful out there." That's it Aria, little questions and hopefully, we can find out some more information.

"It certainly was, unfortunately, I had to leave something else here that was far more beautiful," he had his little smirk on his face again when he said that.

"Oh okay," I told him with a confused look on my face. I wonder what was more beautiful here than in Italy, so I asked him, "like what?

His smirk got bigger, "Now that is a secret."

Hmm, this was going to be slightly more difficult than I entailed, especially if he doesn't tell me anything. "Okay then, what made you decide to come back?"

"Well, in a couple of years I will be taking over my father's position so he wants me to work with him a lot more now, and of course that thing I mentioned earlier."

My eyes widened at his statement, "A couple of years? That's really young."

His face turned more serious at my comment, maybe my question overstepped the boundaries? "I'm sorry you don't have to talk about it, just forget I said anything," I said quickly jerking my body away from him, trying to bury myself into the seat of the car. I was embarrassed and now I was going to pay for making such an inappropriate comment.

"Aria," I felt his hand grab my shoulder, "I'm not angry at you, I don't even think I could ever be mad at you. Come on, turn back around."

I slowly started turning my body back towards him, but I was still cautious of him. I looked into his eyes and saw what seemed like worry in them. Why was Leonardo being so nice to me and what did he mean by his last comment?

Before I could ask him about it, he beat me to it. "My father believes that I have what it takes to run our business. I'm both respected and feared by many, in the mafia business that's a key skill to have and yet many still are not able to get it. I, at 17 years old, have both." He looked proud of himself, but I guess that's a good thing especially considering what he's going to be doing for the rest of his life. "And please Aria, don't ever hide from me like that, you are the only person in the world that should never fear me."

He spoke in a tone that was so serious and absolute. Yet I still had to ask the question, "Why are you so nice to me?"

"I will have to answer that question later on little one because looks like we have arrived at your house," he told me.

I looked out the window and sure enough, we had arrived. For some reason, I was kind of sad that our time was up.

But I needed to know, why was Leonardo the exact opposite of what everyone said about him?