Chapter 14

I woke up feeling groggy and in a room covered in white. Where the hell was I?

My eyes felt sensitive, looking at the bright light in the room, and it forced me to keep them squinted. I looked around the room and noticed that my mom was sitting next to me, watching whatever was on TV.

"Mom," my voice sounded rough, and my throat felt dry.

Her eyes whipped over to me, and she stood up quickly making her way over to my bed, "Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Where are we?" I asked her not remembering the events from the last couple of hours.

"Oh, you don't remember? Ari honey we're here because of Leo, he's okay, and I think he might've woken up by now. They showed the book, and then you passed out, you've been out for the last couple of hours," she said, and everything came flowing back to me.

I tried getting out of the bed, "I have to go see him."

My mom held my shoulders down, "Let me call the doctor to make sure you're okay. I have some 

clothes so you can change and freshen up before you go."

I nodded my head and relaxed back onto the bed. The doctor came and told me I was good to go, but I needed to make sure I stayed hydrated, and I got enough rest. That wasn't going to happen until I saw Leo. I used the toothbrush and toothpaste the hospital offered in the little bathroom I had, connected to the room I was staying in. I changed into a pair of leggings and an oversized Gucci sweatshirt. My hair looked horrible, so I threw it up into a high ponytail.

I left the bathroom and met up with my mom, who was waiting for me, "Okay, let's go."

We walked to the elevator to go up to the 6th floor from the 2nd floor where I was staying. She led me to room '624', which was at the end of the hallway. Most of the rooms close to Leo's seemed to be empty, which gave a lot of privacy.

There were guards outside of Leo's door, and when they saw us, they let us in before quickly closing the door behind us. The security was strong, which made me happy.

I looked around the large room before my eyes met Sofia's tired ones, I offered her a small smile before my eyes were satisfied with the sight of Leo on the hospital bed. My breath hitched in my throat.

"He's sleeping now, he's been in and out all day. The doctor said that's normal and he should get as much rest as possible. He shouldn't be in much pain because of all the pain meds they gave him, but they still want to monitor it and make sure he's comfortable," Sofia said, rubbing her eyes.

"Sofia, you should go get some rest with Steven and David, you look exhausted. Aria can stay here while I take you to where they are," My mom told Sofia.

"Yeah maybe I should, just let me know if anything else happens," Sofia said, grabbing my mom's hand before they walked out the door.

"We'll be back, honey," My mom said, and I nodded my head in understanding.

I took the seat that Sofia was sitting in previously and looked at Leo. I was analyzing every inch of him while he slept, and I admired how peaceful he looked. I reached my hand out and began tracing the outlines of his face, from his eyebrows to his lips. He was perfection in every sense of the word.

I moved my hands away again and placed them on my lap. I didn't know what to do while he was resting, and while I understood that he needed to sleep, I wanted to make sure he was okay.

I decided to go on my phone and text all the girls what happened. They were all relieved to hear that Leo was alive, but they were worried about my well being. I assured them I was okay, and I passed out because I was overwhelmed by the past events. We texted a little bit more before I noticed that Leo had begun to stir in his bed as if he was waking up. Anxiety built in me, and I