Chapter 1 Life Sucks

I stared at the girl in front of me.

Long black hair. Dyed pink at the tips. Greenish eyes. About 5"3-5"4. Skinny.

Like a twig.

She looked weak, too weak to be fighting.

Illegally.

I need the money, I thought, punch her.

I noticed she was blocking her face. Leaving her stomach exposed. I easily punched her stomach, and with her distracted, I punched her nose.

I heard a crack.

I wince.

That didn't sound good at all.

I kicked her leg making her fall. I then straddled her and kept punching her.

"I g-give u-u-up" she croaked, coughing up blood. I cringed and looked away.

I stood up and looked around at the crowd. Most of them had tattoos and piercings.

A guy held my hand up and shouted, "we have a winner, Scar Dale!" The crowd went wild. I smiled as I was handed my cash prize.

350$.

"Thanks" I said proudly and I walked out of there.

I went to my motorcycle. It had pink flames on the side. Pretty sweet.

I straddled it and turned on the engine. I rode to my house.

I parked it in the drive way and went to the front door. I grabbed the handle and turn it.

Unlocked.

As always.

I walked into the kitchen, hoping to find no one.

But luck is never on my side, my drunk mother is standing by the fridge with a beer bottle. No difference there.

"Oh look! My slut of a daughter" she slurred. "Where were you? Oh wait let me guess, at a club banging every guy you see."

I showed her the money I made "no, actually, I was making money, you know, which is supposed to be your job. " I stated. I left the kitchen and ran to my bedroom.

I slammed the door and leaned against it. I groaned in frustration.

My room was white. With little paintings hanging around.

I walked to my dresser and grab a picture of my family. I was 9 and we were at Disneyland. I ran my fingers over it, feeling empty.

I stopped on my dad.

Tears filled my eyes. Blurring my vision. I looked at the clock.

1:34 am.

I don't even change into pjs. I just layed down on my bed thinking about how happy my family was.

We used to be a normal family.

A normal family. One without a drunken mother, one without a sick brother, one where I don't pay the bills. A dead father. A happy family.

But I guess in my world, happy families don't exist.

Life sucks.

-The next morning-

I woke up at 1:27 pm. I rub my eyes while stretching.

I grabbed my phone off of my side table and checked any text messages.

2 unread messages.

I opened them up. One was from the announcer guy telling me when the next fight is and another from my best friend, Brittany.

From: Brit

Hey, can you tell me what the answer is for math, number 8?

To: Brit

2769. It was so easy!

From: Brit

I'm not a nerd!

To: Brit

Whateves!

I never got a reply but I can just imagine her rolling her eyes.

I took a quick shower and changed into high waisted shorts, and a loose crop top.

Thank goodness today's Saturday. No school. And I can let my bruises heal.

I will probably have to practice for the girl fighting championship, I won the last 2 years.

The prize money is 1000$.

I started fighting at age 15, when my dad died, when my brother became sick and when my mom was drunk every night.

You could say I was pretty strong after practicing for 3 years.

I grabbed my gym bag and drove on my motorcycle to the gym.

When I got there, I parked and walked to the door. And right when I opened the door I was in a group hug.

Consisting very strong men.

"I'm dying!" I screamed "help, I can't breath!" Every laughed and let go.

I pretended to catch my breath.

"Alex! Drake! Freddy my bro!" I hugged all of them, skipping one on purpose.

"Scarlett." I heard the one voice I was hoping not to ever hear again.

I turn around and come face to face with my ex-boyfriend.

-------------

Oooooooh ex drama!

So I hope you enjoy my first book.

I won't be able to update very often, there's something called school.

More like a prison.

Please

Comment

Vote

And follow!

Much love,

_turtledove_