The Labyrinth: Epilogue

WICKED Memorandum, Date 232.1.27, Time 22:45

TO: My Associates

FROM: Ava Paige, Chancellor

RE: THOUGHTS ON MAZE TRIALS, Group A

By any reckoning, I think that we can all agree that the Trials were a success. Twenty survivors, all well qualified for our planned endeavour. Reaction to the unplanned Variables was satisfactory and proves promising. The boy's murder, the "rescue" and the "death" of the girl have all proved to be a valuable finale. We needed a shock in their systems, see their responses. Honestly, I am amazed with the outcome, despite everything, we were able to collect such a large population of children that just never gave up.

Oddly enough, seeing them this way, thinking that they have past the worst of it, has been the hardest thing for me to observe. But there's no time for regret. For the good of our people, we will move forward.

However, we must not forget the problem that we do have. The experiment has changed with the escape of subject C7. Naturally, with quick thinking, we were able to replicate some similar results within Group B. In light of this, Dr Garciá I will leave you in charge for the subtle changes for Group A and B in Stage 2. Group C's Stage 2 will continue the same.

Conformation has been given that the girl has now been replaced in the custody of Dr. Adlai and has started Stage 2 with Group C. The results from that group most fascinating.

We are all well aware of what's at stake. I, for one, am encouraged. The subjects will eventually recall and understand the purpose of the hard things we have done and plan to do to them.

Please respond with your own reactions. The subjects will be allowed one full night's sleep before Stage 2 implementation. At this time, let's allow ourselves to feel hopeful.

Group B's trial results were also most extraordinary. I need time to process the data, but we can touch on it in the morning in our debrief.

Until tomorrow, then.