Chapter 41: Big brother causes trouble

When we returned home a messenger from palace came to inform the king invited us in palace.

I saw both daddy and brother have a worried expression on their face.

We soon entered palace.

When we entered the main hall I saw duke Stevefort and Luna kneeling in front of the King.

The king looked at us and said merrily,

"Come, come my dear.....I heard from King of Floria what happen and he requested me to punish Miss Luna but it is a great crime to try a assassination of a royalty!

Duke Stevefort is my trusted Aide.

So Claire dear do you think you could compromise a bit?"

Before I could say anything brother beat me into it.

"Why my little sister should compromise?

Your highness do you think you could compromise if Claire had died there?"

The king's sweat dropped," She didn't die." he murmured.

Brother said instantly," Oh you wish my little sister die?

Ok then I will tell uncle king that our king wants Claire dead so cone and take her.

Here she would not get justice and might be killed by our dear king's assassin."

The king instantly denied.

The was sweating furiously as he said," No not at all.... Not at all my boy."

He fell into brother's trap.

Hehe I knew brother had sharp tongue but I didn't knew it was that vicious.

His ability to make right of wrong is suparb.

I think he must have tagged along with Daddy and I to cause trouble for the king.

The king clearly meant to make the crime assassination of royal to a Minister's daughter so that his duke's family could be spared.

But brother made it sound like the king wanted me dead.

Lol the king is trouble.

Now he has to punish the whole duke's family.

Serves him right.

I never liked this two faced person.

I always felt he is not a good news.