Zealous Battles

CHAPTER 4

"Get out of my way!" "Your way?! You get out of MY way girl!". Rin slammed his face with his palm in annoyance as his siblings wrestled each other while skating towards everyone.

"Brother? Why do those two always fight while racing?" Ashleigh asked softly, tugging Rin's sleeve. He just smiled warily at her as Kuromi scoffed. "I don't get why they race in the first place."

"Luke move!" Lumina warned. "Shut up!" Luke snapped and intentionally slammed into her, making Lumina stumble and reach for her brother. Unfortunately, this made both of them lose their balance.

"AAAAAAAAH!" They screamed as they tried to stop skidding on the marble floor, before crashing over each other right before someone's feet.

Slowly, the twins looked up to see Gavin glaring at them- along with their other two brothers. "You're late. Once more." said Ashleigh.

Both siblings quickly scrambled to their feet. "Oh please Ashy." Luke said in an irritated tone. At that, Ashleigh frowned and exclaimed, "But I didn't do anything!" "Just shut up, will you?" spat Lumina. "I wasn't the one who was late for the billionth time." Her little sister replied, "That does it!" Lumina shouted and grabbed Ashleigh but Kuromi stepped between them.

"Enough!" he yelled. Luke muttered something under his breath as Lumina, knowing she had no choice, let go and stepped back.

"Good thing you actually listened to him." Spoke a voice from behind. Lumina looked back and her face brightened up as she saw Ash leaning on the doorway with a smirk. "Dad!" she smiled and ran to hug him.

Ash ruffled his daughter's hair affectionately and said, "Okay, get ready for the battles. Rin. You're up against Luke. Kuromi versus Lumina and Gavin, you're fighting Ashleigh."

When all of his children started warming up, Ash cleared his throat and locked eyes with Zack, as he walked into the training room. "Oh, hi Zack." Greeted Gavin. "Hey guys. I have come here to tell you that there is a special surprise for the winners. So best of luck kids!" he said.

"All right!" Lumina shouted in excitement and teleported to Kuromi's shoulders. Not the best place to be when he's your opponent Lume. Oh well. Ash thought and clapped his hands once, signalling the start of the training.

Kuromi looked up at Lumina and smiled sweetly. "Hey baby sister." "Huh?" Lumina wondered but he suddenly grabbed her and flipped her over his shoulder and knelt down to keep her there. His sister just stuck out her tongue out and rolled from under him, scrambling to her feet with her dagger out.

"You've got to do better than that, my sweet brother." Lumina teased. "Oh please little girl, I was just warming up." Kuromi smirked and opened his hand onto which, a sword appeared. Lumina rolled her eyes and lunged for him. Kuromi was ready and quickly blocked her attack.

She kicked him and stepped back but he was faster. In a flash, Kuromi swiped his sword at her thigh, making Lumina trip and her weapon slip from her hand.

Gently, he picked it up and pointed his sword at her chest. Her hands went up in surrender. Smirking, Kuromi offered her a hand, hauling her up.

The moment Lumina was on her feet, she punched her brother's stomach, causing him hunch over in pain. Then, she tackled him to the ground and put her dagger against his throat. The tables had been turned. "And Lumina is the winner!" boomed a computerized voice.

"Cheater." Kuromi scowled. "Aw, better luck next time sweetheart. Hehe." Lumina giggled as she ran to stand next to the other winners; Rin and Gavin.