XVII | Deep, Forbidden Love

Nor did she dare let the Williams family know, so she worked hard to look after the child without letting the Williams family know it was their biological son.

Perhaps, if things had gone that way, that would've been the end of it. But when the minor celebrity's child reached three years old, onomatopoetic stem cells were discovered and he needed a bone marrow transplant to survive.

The minor celebrity considered donating it herself but her HLA wasn't a match with the child's. In the end, she had to helplessly find the Williams family.

At the time, even though Mr. Williams and Mrs. Williams's relationship was founded by benefits rather than emotions, after their marriage, they had lived harmoniously. Also, Mr. Williams had always played the role of the doting husband, so when the minor celebrity's child suddenly came knocking, his game was undoubtedly destroyed.

Mr. Williams didn't feel anything for the minor celebrity. That night they spent together was just a moment of drunken debauchery, and their child was evidence of his previous debauchery. It was the only stain in his life, and so deep down, he had never wanted that child, Alexander Smith, to exist.

Mrs. Williams certainly was not going to have her own son's inheritance threatened by the child of her husband's mistress - no woman would!

Hence, the two of them schemed to give the minor celebrity some money to send her away. The minor celebrity wholeheartedly refused and begged profusely. In the end, Mr. Williams's father took initiative, even though the child was illegitimate, he was still his grandson after all. The grandfather told Mr. Williams to go with the minor celebrity and his child to test for HLA compatibility. Test results showed that he was not a good match. Their last hope was with the Williams family's only heir. The results from the two step brothers came out—they were a complete match. This meant that the minor celebrity's child, Alexander, had hope! But Mrs. Williams point-blank refused to consent to the operation.

In the very end, with no other possible option, Mr. Williams's father drew conditions to persuade Mrs. Williams to consent: the minor celebrity's child couldn't live with the Williams family, the child would be excluded from the family tree, the child wouldn't take over the Williams family's estates, and her son, James, would be the Williams family's successor.

The operation was successful. After it, the minor celebrity held up her end of the deal. She took Alexander, who had the Williams family blood running in his veins, and left.

The minor celebrity never made it big, nor was she able to get a foot in the entertainment industry after giving birth. Now, without anybody to rely on or an educational background, she looked after the child with nothing. In the end, she had to work shifts in a night club to survive.

And so, Alexander spent the nights of his childhood alone. The everlasting memory of his mother was the image of how she would drink a lot and come home vomiting in the bathroom.

But no matter how hard their days became, the minor celebrity never let her son suffer. However, because of her job, Alexander got teased a lot by his classmates.

Those days of immature teasing, at times, were the deadliest.

Alexander tried to blend in with other classmates a few times but failed. Eventually, he slowly gave up and started to do things alone. Over time, that became a habit.

Perhaps, that was when his cold and unsocial personality started to take shape. The reason for why Alexander was so rude when he spoke was only because he was acting defensively.

His mother passed away from alcohol poisoning when he was in the sixth grade. From then on, he became an orphan on this earth who couldn't contact his own relatives.