XXX | Mr. Smith's Angered

The highest point of the swing didn't reach past two-meter height, so it would take only a few seconds to fall. However, when Isabelle fell, those few seconds felt like they dragged on, passing much slower than they should.

She felt weightless. Her eyes tightly closed in a state of panic as chaos raged in her head. In her heart, she thought that she was done for.

When the swing neared the height of a ground floor, she fell without any warning. Even if she was lucky enough not to get severely hurt, she wouldn't be able to avoid a light injury. Since she had the role of the second female lead, she had quite a few of scenes. If she were injured, it would hold back the entire filming process. By then, people would inevitably complain.

The sound of the wind rushed into Isabelle's ears. She quietly gritted her teeth and balled up her fists. She mentally prepared herself for the coming bone-breaking pain.

Isabelle was on the verge of colliding with the ground when a nearby figure launched itself towards her. It crashed against her, cushioned her fall and mitigating the worst of the impact. Everyone on the set froze, staring mutely at the scene of the accident.

Isabelle was a little dazed, for the pain she had anticipated never came. She felt like she was having a dream. Eyes closed, she didn't budge for a long time.

Isabelle wasn't heavy, but having fallen from a high distance, she still crushed Alexander, making him a little dizzy. For a long while, he lay on the ground like a cushion. Suddenly, as though he had realized something, he sat up and took Isabelle, who lay on top of him, in his arms.

Her hair messy, she lay with tightly shut eyes and didn't move an inch, as though she had fainted.

Alexander's eyes flashed with worry, and his handsome face drained of blood.

"Isabelle?"

When Isabelle heard Alexander's voice, her brows slightly creased. She came to the realization that the only reason why she hadn't felt any pain from her fall from the swing was that she was on top of someone.

And that person was... Alexander? He rushed over to save her. 

From the bottom of her heart, in that instant, Isabelle was bewildered.

Seeing that Isabelle's eyes were still shut, Alexander didn't make a move. He couldn't help but reach out to gently pat her face. That was when he discovered the red, bloody trickle going down her forehead.

Alexander felt like something had ruthlessly clutched his heart, and his fingertips suddenly trembled. Anxiety and panic climbed through him, his mouth gaped open, but he couldn't speak.

The director who was staring at the monitor abruptly snapped out of it and hurriedly rushed over to Alexander and Isabelle. His actions also woke up everyone in the area. One after the other, everyone present came flocking to the scene of the accident.

The director was the first to reach Alexander and Isabelle. He lowered his head to see Isabelle with both eyes tightly shut. His expression was a little flustered, and he directed his words to Alexander, "Mr. Sm..."

Alexander suddenly raised his head to reveal cold, intense anger-filled eyes. With a sharp tone, he interrupted the director, "WHAT THE HELL! Each and every one of you.. What are you doing?! Hurry up and get the car started to go to the hospital!"

Alexander screamed at the director so loudly that he instinctively took a step back and frantically nodded his head. "Yes..."

"Hurry!"

The usually cold and quiet Alexander, in that instant, had no patience at all. Even before the director could reply, he interrupted him again, a little agitated. His expression was so vicious, you could practically describe it as horrifying. If the director was too slow by a single second, he would kill someone.