Chapter 22

Silence.

Not a word or sound was heard besides the chirping of the birds.

Chirp~ chirp chirp~ chirperty chirp chirp chirp~

After several minutes of silence Yukino finally leaned in and whispered to Sakura, "Yep, these people are mental." Sakura nodded.

"No doubt." The two mental people frowned at the insult, obviously upset.

"What?! How can you accuse me of such a thing?" The silver haired man, Bai Ku said with indignation. Sakura and Yuki gave them a look, effectively shutting them up.

"The answer is no." Sakura said, noise scrunching up as she looked at Bai Ku with a murderous aura.

"What?! Why?!"

"Cause it's like I dunno? The second time we've met."

"Not for me. I've seen everything you've done."

"Well, that's not stalkerish at all (please note the sarcasm)."

"I know it's not." Bai Ku said totally unaware that Sakura was mocking him. His skin was obviously thicker than a redwood tree.

After another moment of silence Yukino spoke up. "Well, if that's all you wanted to tell us, we'll be taking it leave."

"You can't leave this space without our consent." The black haired male, Long Yu, said. Yukino twirled around.

"Ummm, so give us your consent." She said with a duh tone. Eyes flashing with irritation. Catching the glance Long Yu simply shrugged his shoulders and waved his arm.

In a blink they reappeared in their room, scaring the living daylights out of the girls gathered there.

"You.. you popped out of nowhere!" LiRong said.

"Where were you?!" LiMei asked, concern was evident in her voice and eyes.

"We were kidnapped." Yuki answered dryly.

"What?! I'm gonna murder them!" LiMei said. After an hour of intense integration the 3 girls finally let Yuki and Sakura out of their sight.

The day passed more stressful than the others, but it passed. Finally. Laying quietly on her bed, in her room, Yukino stared into the ceiling. The transparent glass ceiling, staring off further into the stars above.

The stars glistened like waterdrops in the sky. Small water like jewel. Bright and shining against the dark infinite cloth of night.

The moon, in the shape of a crescent hung there, lonely in the star filled sky of the night.

Like a spell, the night sky sung a lullaby, lulling Yukino into sleep. Eyes closed her soft breathing was the only sound that could be heard.

After she fell asleep, a spark in the sky was seen. Then it grew, swirling till it as if the another milky way was in the sky. Then it disappeared, as if it never existed.

A frown appeared on Yukino's face as if a dark buried memory once again resurfaced.

Sakura, sleeping just next door, saw the sight. Immediately she jumped out of bed. Getting dressed, she ran out.

Souta, far from the girls dorm also saw it. He quickly got dressed and went out, knowing that he had to confirm with Sakura.

Panting, Souta saw Sakura and Sakura saw Souta. Looking at each other's eyes they knew that their worst fear was happening. Again.

Sakura and Souta looked into the sky. Eyes empty, until they were filled with hate, sorrow, and most of all fear. Fear had struck their hearts. They closed their eyes, as they both said simultaneously, "They're here..."

*****
I know, I know. What's up with the short chapter???!!!!

Well this chapter is a transition chapter, from the easy-going chapters to the real story... so that's why it was short. It's kinda like a prologue, but to the real actual plot line.

I will update next week! Three times is my goal!

I'm planning on finishing the story before August begins... cause then I'll have no time to do anything... since school and tennis will be starting..

But! I have 90 followers??? Wow.... thank you all so much!!!!!!!

Anyways hope you enjoyed the chapter, if you can call it one...