Chapter 31: News

I couldn't wait to tell my mum about the proposal - my only fear being that she would reject our relationship further. She couldn't stop us, we were both adults now, I just hoped she'd approve.

As for Sam's dad, that big goof ball was sat in the audience all night long! He applauded louder than everyone in the room, it was quite humorous. "I'm so proud of you for asking her!" Greg laughed. "I'll be honored to have you as my daughter in law."

"And I'd be honored to have you walk me down the aisle, dad." I grinned. "I'm glad that your my father-in-law, step dad didn't sound right." I let out a short laugh as he pulled me into his side.

He glanced down at the ring, his eyes watering slightly. "This was my mums ring," Sam interrupted his dad's tears. "My dad," he gestured towards Greg, "gave it me to give to you. We kept it when she died, and always loved the idea of giving her daughter in law her engagement ring." I stroked Sam's cheek, stepping up onto my tiptoes and pressing my lips firmly against his.

"I have decided I'll go to the local university," I smiled up at him. He stared at me for a moment before rubbing the back of his neck. "What's wrong?"

"You can't go to that university," he mumbled. "I want you to follow your dreams."

"You are my dream now, Sam." 

He laughed lightly, wrapping his arms around my waist. "No, you are going to the university you have already chosen." 

"It's three hours away," I sobbed. "How about we discuss this later?" I smiled up at him, feeling confused. I didn't want to go if it meant leaving him here, why did he want me to go so badly? 

-

~ Sam's P.O.V ~

I hated hiding secrets from Izzy, but this was too big to reveal. It's going to be a surprise when she moves to university, but for now I have to sneak around with a couple of friends and our parents, this is going to be hard. 

"So, what would you like for dessert?" The waiter questioned as he tapped the pen against his pad. I let out a grunt, flicking through the page one more time. 

"I think we'll go without." I began. "Izzy?" 

"Yeah, I'm full." She laughed, patting her barely visible stomach. I frowned, she hadn't put much weight on since I recovered from my coma. 

"Ok," he winked over at Izzy, his mouth twitching into a half smile. She laughed again, waving her engagement towards him with a wink. I smirked over at her, reaching across the table for her hand. 

"You're such a tease to the boys," I rubbed my thumb against hers. "One of the many reasons I love you." 

"Cheesy," she began. "How about we go home and watch a movie? I never thought dinner dates would be so boring! I think we're more of the adventurous type." I nodded in agreement, placing the money on top of the tray and standing up. Izzy laced her fingers with mine and led the way to the car. Once we were out in the parking lot, she turned around, her hands moving to my chest. 

"What are you doing?" I frowned. "It's super cold out here, and extremely dark." Her smile grew, dimples forming upon her cheeks. She wrapped her arms around my neck, standing upon her tiptoes. I glanced down at her as I lifted her up by her waist, her back against my car. "Are you trying to tease me, Mrs Carter?" 

"Maybe I am," She placed her lips against my cheek and then pulled away. "Maybe I'm not." 

"Let's hope you're not." I winked, bringing my lips against her neck and planting kisses against it slowly. She let out a moan, gripping onto the collar of my jacket. I unlocked the car door, turning her around and placing her on the back seat. She shuffled backwards as I crawled towards her, pulling the door shut behind me. The car lights flickered off and I grinned, pushing her down slowly by her shoulders. 

"Sam," she whispered. Her hand came up to my cheek, stroking it softly. "Let's finish this at home?" I looked down at her, my eyes locking onto her stare. 

"I believe you were teasing me though, Mrs Carter."

"Well Mr Carter," she shook her head. "I believe the beds a better place than the car." She began to laugh, sitting up and cuddling into my chest. 

"I guess you're right," I grinned. I moved into the driving seat and we sat in comfortable silence all the way home.