12. Disappearing Pain

A/N: ATTENTION ALL READERS!

I have updated TWO CHAPTERS today in celebration of "Another Life, Another Me" reaching 10,000 views!!!!

Please read both if you have enough time!

Okay, enjoy the chapter!

-------------------------------------------------------------

This morning, I woke up to a headache. It was a terrible headache.

Imagine getting hit by a truck, which has happened to me before, and then turn the amount of pain into a number greater than 10,000. 

Then, multiply the amount of pain by 1,000.

Next, add 100,000,000 to the number that you get.

Lastly, multiply that number by itself.

What number did you get?

The number you got was the amount I felt from the headache I got this morning. So to conclude all of the math, IT HURT A LOT!

You may be wondering why I have such a big headache. The answer to that is "the power of the mind."

Before I was born, Gadia, the god of this world, promised to give me "the power of the mind" when I became four.

I guess this power is too much for my head. So, now I am laying down on my bed in utter pain.

Every inch of my body is stiff and there is nothing I could do. It feels as if my head is disintegrating...

Ace was in the room with me and stared worriedly at me.

His look is very refreshing. 

If only everyone was as pure as Ace... 

...I bet Gadia, the stupid god, is enjoying the sight of me being in pain.

I can picture him laughing wickedly right now...

My father panicked when he realized how much pain I was in. He brought some mages to reduce the headache.

I told them that I didn't want to be put to sleep though. After all, I didn't want to imagine Gadia's smug face as I go to dreamland.

But to be honest, I still feel unimaginable pain. If it were any other kid, they would be crying or passing out.

However, I am mature enough to remain calm.

...

That was a lie.

...

I am not calm.

Currently, I am crying my eyes out. IT HURTS!

OWWWIIIIIEEEE!!!!!!!! DADDY HELP MEEEEEE!

Tears stung my eyes and my body twisted and turned uncomfortably on my bed. I wish someone would blow up my mind...but I don't want to die again.

I think someone knocked on my door, but my throat was too tight to say anything. So, I just groaned instead.

The door opened and Florence, the prince I met yesterday, walked in calmly.

I wonder why he is here. He should be busy as the first prince of Silverbell, yet he was casually walking into my bedroom.

I wonder if he had some business near our estate and decided to visit for fun.

There's no way he would come all the way here because he heard that I was sick after all.

I winced in pain as he knelt by my side and touched my forehead. He frowned.