||22 Engaged||

***

***

“Come on Shehreyar put that ring fast.”

It literally took him a few seconds to understand what was being said. His shocked expression was hilarious but only he knew what he was feeling. He turned his head towards his father who had a small and contented smile playing on his lips.

“Sherry.” Saba kept her hand on his shoulder...asking him to put the ring in her finger. He hurriedly took her hand in his and slide the ring.

He again turned around to look for someone who would explain this to him but the next moment a beautiful ring was in his ring finger. He saw his hand and then glanced at her...he couldn't believe what happened.

The rings they wore was a couple ring of platinum with half hearts on each that make a full hart when joined together.

The only reason she agreed for this was because of her only family...she could at least do this for them. She knew Shehreyar was a nice guy...but the problem was that he was an angry bird.

'Is he happy or not...he looks distraught.'

She thought and glanced at his confused face. She didn't know that what prank was played on him, and he was the happiest person on earth.

The function ended and all the guest had returned. Only Siddiqui family was there...they all were sitting on a table and having talk. The girls were in Irfa's room talking anything and everything.

“So Shehreyar...did you like the surprise?” Khizir asked and winked at him.

'So it was this boy's plan...he is so mean.' He thought.

“Not at all good...why did you all do this to me?” He asked.

“Well this was your beloved best friend Khizir's plan to spill Out your feelings and besides Saba had also felt that something was there.” Mr Ahmed said grinning, and he felt embarrassed in front of his elders...who weren't leaving a single chance of teasing him.

Flashback

“I am telling you Ahmed he surely likes her... I am his mother I can see that in his eyes.” Saba said sitting near her husband.

“I can't believe this...” he said shaking his head.

“Ok ask Khizir about this he must be having any idea.” Saba said with a small smile.

The next day Khizir was sitting in front of them with no idea what was happening.

“Um mamu what's the matter?” He asked.

“Khizir do you think there is something between Irfa and Shereyar?” Mr Ahmed asked in a straight forward way.

“A Hundred percent.” He exclaimed but when he saw where he was silently sat down.

“See Ahmed I told you.” Saba said excitedly.

“Ok...but I want him to tell me.”

“Ah that's pretty impossible.” Khizir said receiving a quizzical look from both the elders.

“But I have a plan...”he said.

“What plan?” Saba asked excitedly.

“Tell him that Mr Zawaar has sent proposal for Irfa and make him believe that you are going to accept it...and rest leave it on me.” He said and both of them nodded their head in agreement.

The same night Mr Ahmed discussed Zawaar's proposal. After all the discussion he was quite satisfied by what Khizir and Saba said.

Next morning he received an audio clip from Khizir of Shereyar's acceptance of his feelings.  It was unusual to hear Shehreyar speaking like this. Mr Ahmed was contented, he had never thought that this would be so easy. It was always his wish and so was his dead father's.

“Saba come here listen to this...” Mr Ahmed made his wife also listen to the confession audio.

“In sha Allah our children will get married soon.” Saba said happily.

Suddenly and idea came to her mind and a mischievous smile formed on her lips.

“Ahmed let's not clear Shereyar's misunderstanding of Irfa getting engaged to Zawar...we will give him surprise at the exact moment of ring exchange....what say?” She asked.

“That's great...we should also play with our children.” Mr Ahmed said in a playful tone.

“Ahmed make sure he goes somewhere for a week so that we can prepare everything without his knowledge.”

“Hmm leave that on me.”

Every one except Irfa was informed about the plan and everyone was eager to play with Shereyar after all not everyday they get a vulnerable Shehreyar Siddiqui.

End of Flashback

He was shocked listening to the story behind the surprise. It was unbelievable, he never thought his family could play with him like this. The prank was so deadly that he feared he would have died of headache and here his family was laughing.

''Why…because I like her...actually I freaking love her.''

Suddenly the audio started playing making him turn to his left only to find Khizir waving his phone with a smirk...he knew that he will not leave this easily.

He got up and smacked Khizir on head making him wince in pain. Khizir got up from his place and prepared to run. Shehreyar glared him making him laugh and run with an angry Shehreyar at his back.

“Bhai…tujhe jo chahiye tha mil gaya na...please meri jaan chor de...khuda ke waste (bro you got what you wanted, now leave my life)" Khizir said running inside the house.

“Jaan chor dun?...tune jo meri jaan nikal di thi uska kya…(leave your life?...you almost killed me and you are asking me to leave you).” He said still running behind him.

Khizir ran towards stairs only to bump into something and next moment he was lying on the ground and glasses were shattered around him with a Shifa hissing in pain.

He couldn't stop his laugh seeing her lying like that and started laughing like no tomorrow...but when got no reaction looked at her with a worried look.  He immediately grabbed her hand as it was bleeding.

“Oh my god Shifa it's deep cut...”he exclaimed.

“Sherey go call someone...” he said and Shereyar ran outside to call someone.

“Come here let me see this....Shifa I think it's quite deep.” he said checking her hand and helping her stand up. She again winced due to immense pain in her palm. He made her sit on the couch meanwhile Shereyar called Alizeh to check her palm.

“I think she needs stitches...let's take her to hospital.” Alizeh said.

_________

Assalamoalaikum everyone.

Sorry for the short chapter. There will be no update today.

Please vote and comment.