170

[ months later ]

"Jimin, are you still okay with going out tonight? I know you're still not over your cold. And it's still cold. So I'm really okay with going out tomorrow night if you think resting would benefit you."

"Yoongi, for the tenth time, nothing would make me feel better more than to go on a date with you."

Slipping on his shoes, Yoongi smiled as he held his phone against his ear. "You're sounding like me now."

"Yeah, maybe I've been spending too much time with you lately." A dramatic sigh. Yoongi chuckled.

"Nah. I'm glad you're not canceling on me, though. Even though I'd forgive you, of course. I really wanted to see you today."

"Well, then I'm gonna hang up so I can finish getting ready."

"How much longer?"

"I'll be at your door in fifteen minutes, Yoongi. Have some patience."

"For you, all the patience in the world."

"Mm. Okay, I'll see you soon. Love you."

"Love you, too, sweetheart."

Still with a smile on his face, Yoongi hung up, slipping his phone into his back pocket. He stood up and dusted himself off for no reason. Then came the brief but completely necessary hair check.

"Still green," he sighed, smoothing it down. He honestly didn't dislike it despite how much he pretended to - rather, the look grew on him, enough to have him re-dye once the color started to fade. And he loved how much Jimin loved it. He loved how much Jimin loved him.

They'd been on a million dates but there was nothing more he looked forward to than the next one.

He could never get tired of Jimin's soft cheek kisses whenever the boy would greet him at the door. He could never get tired of Jimin humming happily into his shoulder whenever they hugged.

A knock at the door, Yoongi made his way over to it and opened it, unable to camouflage his gummy smile at the sight of Jimin with his arms open. And as always, the boy leaned forward to press a kiss to his boyfriend's cheek. Yoongi tried to give him a lips kiss, but was coldly rejected by Jimin's hand and a sad, regretful frown.

"Yoongi, I have a cold."

"And?"

"And I don't want you catching it," Jimin said in a reprimanding tone, though he was clearly upset about it, too. "Give it a few days."

"A few days??" Yoongi rolled his eyes. "What if I told you I could kiss your cold better?"

"I'll go back to my dorm, Yoongi."

"No. My heart will shatter."

They both just laughed softly at themselves, then joined hands and started off on their way to Yoongi's car.

Nothing extravagant, they had planned for their date - just a peaceful, casual dinner at a restaurant, and perhaps a walk afterwards. Identical to many of the dates they'd had before, but none was less special or enjoyable than another.

Upon arrival to the vehicle, Yoongi opened the passenger's side door, waited till Jimin claimed his seat, then closed the door before going around to the driver's side.

Just a short fifteen minute drive to the restaurant. A quaint little place called Seyoung's Kitchen, which happened to be the place Yoongi took Jimin on their first official date. The food was good, the staff was great, and the overall atmosphere of the restaurant was something pleasant and moderate that the two thoroughly appreciated.