Chapter 25: This Will Be Our Life Together

[Author's Note: Mild Sensual Scenes]

Sean and I stayed in the water until it was cold, then we decided to get out. I stepped carefully out of the tub and reached for some towels that were hanging on the nearby towel rack in the bathroom while Sean blew out the candles. I handed him a towel while I dried myself off, watching as he did the same.

"You like what you see?" He smirked, holding me under his intense gaze. My eyes flickered away and I blushed.

"I was admiring the view," I smiled, focusing on drying my hair. If there was one thing I absolutely hated, it was putting clothes on without having dried myself off completely. I wrapped the towel around my waist and went to move past Sean when he caught my arm and spun me around to face him.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked huskily. I regarded him for a moment, trying to guess his thoughts. His beautiful chocolate eyes appeared slightly glazed over and his expression was unreadable..

"Going to get dressed?" I said. It came out as more of a question. He smirked again.

"I don't think so," he mused, leaning into me and pressing his bare self against me. I gasped as his hands moved down and quickly flung the towel that was around me onto the tiled floor. He captured my lips with his hungrily and my tongue slipped into his mouth. He let out a little moan and it turned me on that much more. I loved him so much. I found myself stumbling back into the bedroom and before I knew it Sean was pushing me on the bed and laying down on top of me, his lips never leaving mine. I gasped and moaned as he left my lips and started kissing my neck and tracing my jaw, before moving down to my collar bone and kissing it lightly. He placed light kisses all over my body and down my chest, going down farther and farther. He stopped briefly and to look up at me before kissing his way through the hair on my lower body below my belly button. The feel of his warm lips against my skin gave me goosebumps. It felt so good. He reached up with his hand and ran it over my chest as he made his way down further.

* * * *

Daylight streamed through the window as I snuggled my back against Sean's bare chest. I loved waking up with him. He was so warm and made me feel so safe and comfortable. Who ever would have thought that I was going to end up marrying my best friend! We were getting married! I looked down at my own chest, seeing Sean's hand laying across me. I smiled as I glimpsed his dark grey ring on his finger. I would never get enough of seeing that. It made me so happy and joyous inside knowing that we were engaged. I could only imagine what it will feel like when he becomes my husband.

I rolled over in bed so I could see his beautiful face. He looked so peaceful in his deep sleep. I hadn't woken him with my movement, and I was glad. I reached up and gently stroked his cheek with the back of my fingers. The edges of his mouth twitched into a small smile at my touch.

His eyelids fluttered and he took a deep breath. His big brown eyes gazed into mine.

"Hey, morning babe," he said, his voice still thick and raspy with sleep. It was adorable.

"Morning," I replied, kissing his forehead. He smiled and sighed contently.

"I love this," he said, almost to himself. I arched an eyebrow at him.

"This?" I asked. He smiled.

"Yeah this," he motioned to the two of us, and then around the room. "You and me, waking up together every morning, being together. I love it. I can't wait to get married." My eyes became a little watery as he spoke and the words sunk in.

"I love it too. I can't wait," I replied. He cupped my face with his hands.

"Jake, about last night. I can't even begin to express my love for you. What you said...giving me this," he held up his hand and pointed to the grey band. "You made me feel more loved in that moment than I've ever felt. You amaze me in so many ways. I love you to pieces." He wrapped me in a tight hug. I smiled as I rested my chin on his shoulder.