Cozy Nights

Warning: This chapter contains intimacy.

I saw shadows moving on the windows. Although I was aware that Arhaan was in the house, my heart was still in my mouth as I sat up, scared of the dark. I couldn;t take it any longer. Swallowing my pride, I called to him.

"Arhaan! Come quickly!"

A minute passed, then another. I heard his bedroom door open, and he stepped out, yawning. I gasped. He wore black sweatpants, and was shirtless. His dark hair was a mess, but something about him made my stomach shudder and flutter at the same time. 

He snapped his fingers in front of my face. I didn't realize he had walked up to me, and was standing right in front of me, bending down so he could see my face. I broke out of my trance, my cheeks flushing red with embarrassment. 

"Oh, sorry." I mumbled. "I .  .  . I was just a bit scared. Sorry I woke you."

He grinned, staring deep into my eyes. Then he sat down beside me, his warm breath fanning my hair. He put an arm around me, and I immediately felt safe. 

"I didnt know you were scared of the dark," he said, and smiled at me. 

I blushed even more. "Well, I usually am not, but it's just . . "

He put a finger to my lips. "Hush. You don;t have to explain. I was just messing with you."

I chuckled nervously. 

"So, I don;t want to make you uncomfortable, but do you want to sleep with me?"

My eyes widened at the question, and then I realised he didn't have the intentions that I was thinking of. 

"Oh . . um, yeah, I think so. But please don't tell anyone."

He smiled again, and hugged me.

"Of course not. It can be our secret."

And before I could say anything else, he picked me up, and started striding towards his bedroom. 

"Hey, what are you doing? Put me down! I can walk by myself!"

He grinned at me. "You're still a baby to me. And I can carry you whenever I want."

I rolled my eyes, and gave in. 

He walked into his room, holding me. His room was dim, with only a lamp glimmering lightly in the corner. I could faintly see the huge bed, with the covers thrown back. It was cold in here. I shivered. He seemed to read my mind, and placed me on the bed. He then drew the covers over me. 

"Comfortable?" he asked.

"Yes," I smiled back. 

He walked to the other side, and got in beside me. I felt the covers move as he got under them. I could feel his eyes on my back. I tried to close my eyes, but instead I shivered again. 

"Cold?"

I blushed. "A bit."

I felt him move, and suddenly, I could feel him behind me. His warm breath on my neck comforted me and made me nervous too. His arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to his body until the back of my head rested in the crook of his neck. 

He shifted a bit more until I could feel his strong body pressed up against my back.

"Go to sleep," he said, his voice suddenly deeper and huskier. I tried to turn my head to look at him. He held me tighter, and I looked back at him. In the dim room, I could see his eyes had darkened from a moment before. I turned back, facing the other side, and he pulled me closer. 

"What?" he asked.

I tried to ignore the butterflies in my stomach. 

"Nothing."

"Can't sleep?" he asked. He started caressing up and down my arm with one hand while the other held me tight against him. 

"Mhhm." I moaned, forgetting I said it out loud. I immediately blushed a bright red. 

I felt his breath on my neck. 

"Like it, huh?" he asked, his voice deeper. I didn't answer. I could hear his breaths getting shorter and harder. His hand moved from caressing my arm to my stomach. 

I squirmed a bit, but his arm around my waist didn't budge. I was still pressed up against him as his other hand fondled my stomach over my dress. I started to get hot, held tightly in his arms and being touched in that sensual way. I tried to clear my head. This was Arhaan. This couldn;t be happening. 

I felt his lips touch my forhead as his hand started to slide down lower from my stomach. His hand rested on my lower abdomen over my dress. 

"Alia, do you-"

"Arhaan, please stop."